I'm Back!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Back!!!

Well, I thought the grass was greener on the other side and I was slightly wrong. I went and bought a Vera 3 and gave it a shot for a bit. Overall, it was pretty easy to work with and then I tried there 1.7 UI and it kinda lost it's luster for me as well as the level of granularity that you can control your system with. I have a very tough time trying to get the system to work with an AND/OR option... It was night and day difference easy on Homeseer vs Vera...

One of the main reasons I defected was the lack of Windows Phone support. There is only ONE third-party provide for a Homeseer 3 app for the Windows Phone and there were more than a few for Vera.

I'm begging, please add more Windows Phone and Windows 8 compatibility into Homeseer.

So, for now, I am rebuilding my system (I had to rebuild anyways because I moved and brought all my switches with me), so it was the right time to look at a different system.

Thanks again!
    Stephen

Welcome back Stephen.

Yup; here started that mobile thing initially with the Treo (GPRS - late 1990's), then Microsoft Mobile (2000's), then ....and now back to Microsoft and Microsoft Mobile 8.1 ....works fine for me now...moved Homeseer 3 to Ubuntu 64 bit Linux and have shut off MS for new HS3 for the time being....
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I hear you on both points. I recently moved to HS from Vera, although I had never used HS before in any meaningful way. What is simple to get done in HS can be, and usually is, a Nightmare with Vera. But I must say that their out of the box mobile options are light years ahead of anything available here. So I think across the board we need better mobile support. Not just for new windows flavors.

Glad to have you back on board.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        I hear you on both points. I recently moved to HS from Vera, although I had never used HS before in any meaningful way. What is simple to get done in HS can be, and usually is, a Nightmare with Vera. But I must say that their out of the box mobile options are light years ahead of anything available here. So I think across the board we need better mobile support. Not just for new windows flavors.

Glad to have you back on board.
        I second that - current app need some serious work and it would be really nice if I could do more configuration in the Web UI that will drive app GUI - e.g. today I can choose which devices to show, that is it. But I cannot choose which events to show. Or show last time device was changed. I know this can be done by doing HS touch programming but that is high bar for some basic customizations.

Comment

Working...
        X