Z-wave device addition; why are multiple nodes/devices created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave device addition; why are multiple nodes/devices created

I just added a ZWN-RSM2 EnerWave Z-wave relay switch to my HS2/HS3 setup to control my bathroom and shower light fixtures. This is a very interesting/clever device and it is working well. It is a 2 channel device. I expected that when I included it in my network, it would add 2 new z-wave nodes. But it actually added 4 nodes/devices. The 4 nodes are: root, aux1, aux2, and aux1(2). Does anyone know why there are 2 devices to control Aux1? This gets very confusing when building events to control the lights.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Files
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
    I just added a ZWN-RSM2 EnerWave Z-wave relay switch to my HS2/HS3 setup to control my bathroom and shower light fixtures. This is a very interesting/clever device and it is working well. It is a 2 channel device. I expected that when I included it in my network, it would add 2 new z-wave nodes. But it actually added 4 nodes/devices. The 4 nodes are: root, aux1, aux2, and aux1(2). Does anyone know why there are 2 devices to control Aux1? This gets very confusing when building events to control the lights.

Steve Q

That sounds like a problem common with older HS3 Z-Wave plug-ins. It may not be supported by HS2. Your signature indicates you are running HS2. What version HS and Z-Wave plug-in are you running?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks, I am running HS2 Pro ver 2.5.0.81. Z-wave controller is the Aeon z stick controller firmware version 3.7.

I think the extra device was created by Homeseer. I have seen this in the past when creating HS2 devices. Sometimes 2 devices are created.

I will delete it.

Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Interesting device. Functionally the same as having 2 micro switches correct?
        I just bought 2 micro switches for a dual switch in a single gang box and need to cram both micro switches in the box. This looks like a space saver, cheaper and same function.

Comment

Yes, the same as having 2 micro switches. And it will fit between the 2 manual switches. I don't think 2 of the micro switches will fit in a 2 gang box with 2 switches.

The only disadvantage of the device is that the off position of the manual switch could be up or down. And it will change depending on how Homeseer interacts with the switch.

Steve Q

Comment

I know I'm reviving an old thread here but have a couple questions -- it looks from the manual like it supports instant status, though they call it "Unsolicited Report Configuration". Can you confirm?

Second question -- can you elaborate a little bit on how the "regular" switch interacts with this module? It sounds to me like any change in the physical switch just toggles the current state of the relay, is that correct? (So, if the light/load is on and you change the position of the regular switch, it will turn the light/load off, regardless of whether the switch was "up" or "down" when you started?)

Comment

Working...
            X