Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like the on-wall idea but too big for my taste. In my opinion 7" to 10" is perfect, anything bigger just looks out of place.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Wondering if there would be an optional POE wired network option for it?
      That's a must have for me ...

Comment

+1 on POE and in-wall option.

Also:
        1. speakers appear to be on the rear, so you probably would have difficulty hearing it when mounted on-wall!
        2. power button appears to be on the rear, so you'd have to take it off the wall to reboot.

I like the idea, but wouldn't be interested in the unit shown.
        Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Since I live in Europe I will not likely order any hardware from the HS Store. But I would like to add something to the discussion that could be of value.
          At the moment I have a touchscreen build in to the wall in my hallway and I really like it this way. But I to see how fast technology ages and If I had to do it again I would go "on wall".
          Last year I was at Cebit and I saw something at the Zipato boot that I really liked.
          Their tablet is mounted on the wall and charged trough a magnetic tablet holder.
          And the nice thing is that they have an android tablet that has native support for this holder. So no need for ugly plasic cases that enable your tablet to get its power this way.
          Now you have a wall mounted screen that can easily be taken off the wall to use it where ever you want.
          If HS is going to release an "on wall" tablet, this would be an absolute killer feature if you asked me.
          Watch this for more info:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMLB8y6Rr0E

Comment

The unit does not have an Ethernet connector so that would have to be added, which will increase the cost.

The idea here is to offer something at the lowest cost possible. There are a ton of wall mounts for iPads, some magnetic, so that is already available, but it will cost twice as much as this unit.

We need at least 100 users interested to be able to do this, but maybe the desktop form factor solves most needs. Personally, I find that 7" is just too small to display all the information I want to see at a glance.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Without Qty its hard to get a good price point. My opinion the sale price on the latest version of the tabletop is just right. At that price I can see hundreds being sold in a qtr until saturation.

At work we make a tablet that charges on the wall or desk stand but is portable (grab n go). To me its very poor quality display and does not permit your own apps. But somehow it sells. I dont have soecs but its 7" resistive screen alone is enough reason I woukd not buy it at any price. Our cost is over $140 to mfg so its retail is just not realistic in my opinion. Yet...... It sells.

That being said $299 is not unrealistic. But maybe price out a 10 inch and shoot for $249 with POE with min Qty of 150 or 200 and do preorders refundable if you dont get enough orders?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
                Without Qty its hard to get a good price point. My opinion the sale price on the latest version of the tabletop is just right. At that price I can see hundreds being sold in a qtr until saturation.

At work we make a tablet that charges on the wall or desk stand but is portable (grab n go). To me its very poor quality display and does not permit your own apps. But somehow it sells. I dont have soecs but its 7" resistive screen alone is enough reason I woukd not buy it at any price. Our cost is over $140 to mfg so its retail is just not realistic in my opinion. Yet...... It sells.

That being said $299 is not unrealistic. But maybe price out a 10 inch and shoot for $249 with POE with min Qty of 150 or 200 and do preorders refundable if you dont get enough orders?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                That makes a lot of sense.
                cheeryfool

Comment

13" is a bit big for me, I'd prefer ~10". In wall, on wall doesn't matter, would prefer hardwire over WIFI but not a deal killer. POE would be a HUGE plus.
                  HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

+1 on POE and 10"

I don't know about others, but I find 4:3 screens more practical than 16:9 for information. Widescreen form movies, 4:3 for work.

Comment

I would prefer in-wall and POE too.

I also REALLY wish that there would be some investment in a modern skin for HSTouch. Yes i saw there is a redesign coming, but at first glance it still doesn't look modern to me, and way to white for anything "always on" in my wall or on my desk.

Default project in HST makes me feel like my home automation is running on geocities in the 90's, i just need a scrolling marquee to complete the mspaint icon feel!

I'm hoping with the JSON interface there will be a better web based front end coming and maybe as a 3rd party plugin if HST doesn't see a need for a decent UI in their roadmap.

Comment

There is no way we can create a UI that will please everyone. If you look at PRO systems, they do not use modern UI's at all, but if you look at the new phone/OS UI's, everything is flat and solid color. Our new UI takes this approach and it looks very modern, and is similar to the latest Android L UI.

As for too much white on the home screen, you can easily change this with the Designer if you want a different background color.

Originally posted by ORNVM View Post
                        I would prefer in-wall and POE too.

I also REALLY wish that there would be some investment in a modern skin for HSTouch. Yes i saw there is a redesign coming, but at first glance it still doesn't look modern to me, and way to white for anything "always on" in my wall or on my desk.

Default project in HST makes me feel like my home automation is running on geocities in the 90's, i just need a scrolling marquee to complete the mspaint icon feel!

I'm hoping with the JSON interface there will be a better web based front end coming and maybe as a 3rd party plugin if HST doesn't see a need for a decent UI in their roadmap.

Comment

Proposed new product 13" On-Wall Touch Screen

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          There is no way we can create a UI that will please everyone. If you look at PRO systems, they do not use modern UI's at all, but if you look at the new phone/OS UI's, everything is flat and solid color. Our new UI takes this approach and it looks very modern, and is similar to the latest Android L UI.

As for too much white on the home screen, you can easily change this with the Designer if you want a different background color.

You guys can't win, eh? If you had made 2000 era graphics like many of the name brand high end systems (like C*****n), you would also be labeled as having a dated look. The new interface looks quite tile like, as many of the new phones and OS's have. It could still use some work, but good to see you guys working on it. I still would suggest some professional GUI developers on your HSTouch team though. You guys are awesome with the core and backend system, but it doesn't seem like the GUI things are your core competency.

Comment

If you do not like the graphics can you post some examples of graphics you do like so we can compare?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L View Post
                              +1 on POE and 10"

I don't know about others, but I find 4:3 screens more practical than 16:9 for information. Widescreen form movies, 4:3 for work.
                              +1 for 10" and POE and use of camera to detect motion in front of it and fire up screen (which blanked after x minutes or on-command remote or local)

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                                If you do not like the graphics can you post some examples of graphics you do like so we can compare?
                                How about this one:

I liked it so much I duplicated those buttons in photoshop and use almost the same UI in on of my HSTouch projects.

Comment

Working...
                                X