This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proposed new product 13" On-Wall Touch Screen

We are considering offering a 13" Touch Screen that can be wall mounted, or used standalone. We would like to know how many of you are interested in this.

The specs are:

13" screen
    Android 4.2.2 OS (subject to change)
    900x1600 resolution IPS screen
    1.6 ghz quadcore processor
    1 GB RAM
    WIFI
    Bluetooth
    Dual speakers
    Microphone
    2 mpixel camera
    Includes stand so it can be used on a table
    Price is $299.00

Excellent for providing a control screen for your entire home, see attached pictures for a sample layout.

Please take our poll and let us know if you are interested.
    Attached Files
    Yes, where do I sign up!
    50.75%
    No, cost is too high
    19.40%
    No, I want a larger screen for wall mounting
    4.48%
    No, I want a smaller screen for wall mounting
    25.37%
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Looks good, with it being so big it would become an integral part of the room so I would want to see some expanded functionality/flash out of HSTouch and the ability to serve as a picture frame.

Comment

Looks interesting. Would suggest that it should come with an optional in-wall frame, designed to fit in the standard 14.5" between studs.
      cheeryfool

Comment

Or even an on wall frame
        cheeryfool

Comment

Very nice Rich.

Wondering if there would be an optional POE wired network option for it?

Right now and still all of my tabletops are wide screen and the in wall stuff is all 4:3.

The last 4:3 capacitance touchscreen I installed had a real small square in the back for the connectivity and the LCD was very thin. Here I just need a small opening in the wall, I connected the TS to the drywall with tiny thin brackets (it was very a very light 17") and then just framed around the LCD using velcro to hold the frame on.

I purchased a wide screen capacitance touch screen and have been only testing it on my workbench. Its been some 6 months (?) now and haven't installed it.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
            Looks interesting. Would suggest that it should come with an optional in-wall frame, designed to fit in the standard 14.5" between studs.
            I second that. An in-wall option would be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Wondering if there would be an optional POE wired network option for it?
              +1
              I prefer wire, even if WIFI could also be interesting.

Comment

I understand the desire to have it inwall, but the idea was to make it easy to install, just 2 screws and you can hang it anywhere. Yes, you have to deal with the power still, but most people are not going to cut a big hole in the wall.

Maybe there is no demand for an on-wall solution.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I love my wall mounted 10" tablet. I do wish I had POE though. It's just a frame with the USB power dropped down in the wall cavity behind it.
                  Attached Files
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    Maybe there is no demand for an on-wall solution.
                    I would do on-wall before in-wall because technology changes too fast to commit to cutting a custom hole in the wall. That said the tabletop units are just about the perfect solution for dedicated room control that can be flexible if the room arrangement changes. I feel like the age of the wall controller may have already passed into history.

Comment

Technology changes fast, but in wall looks so much better, and drywall work is not that difficult, so I chose in wall. I am positive I will be able to find the same form factor screen as my in wall iPads for the foreseeable future as well. I probably will not change them out for 5 to 10 years anyway, because as dedicated purpose devices, they have far more horsepower and what not than I actually need. I have a spare as well, in case of failure. This all said, I am not sure I would have the same decision with a HS custom hardware screen. There is something to be said about the scale of the market that the leaders like Apple have. I know that years from now, I can still get the same screen, if not new, then from eBay. The quality is also likely better.

Comment

No need here.

Checked no, smaller screen. But just don't see a need for us.
                        I use my iPhone or iPad, in house and out house.
                        Have two desktop units placed where wife wants them, they are what she uses.
                        Minimote remotes are located in guest rooms, giving guests limited event control. Wife's car also has a minimote in it.

I agree with upstatemike's comments.

Comment

Definitely interested, would prefer a POE connection since I have a Cat6 Run to each of my existing alarm keypad locations. Also prefer the POE because my switches are already on UPS backup so the Touch Screen would be up as long as my switches and HS3 Server are.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by clay2young View Post
                            Checked no, smaller screen. But just don't see a need for us.
                            I use my iPhone or iPad, in house and out house.
                            Have two desktop units placed where wife wants them, they are what she uses.
                            Minimote remotes are located in guest rooms, giving guests limited event control. Wife's car also has a minimote in it.

I agree with upstatemike's comments.
                            A little side topic...we also use a minimote in our guest room. It was during one guest stay that we learned about the feature whereby if you push to two top buttons at once or too quickly one after the other, then every zwave light switch in the house goes on. Now THAT got everyone's attention!

Comment

I also prefer in-wall mounting and & POE wired network.

Forrest

Comment

Working...
                              X