Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Door opening support (not sure which forum)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door opening support (not sure which forum)

Hi all

I am looking at Pocket Door motor systems, i have one in mind. When 2 pins are shorted together it will open, then when not shorted it will wait a certain amount of time then close.

Now i assume there is a module i can short these pins together (no voltage needed), however will HomeSeer support a "when contacts are open then show as "closed door" after x seconds?

Yes this device can be used for contact closure. If I'm understanding what you desire you can set an event that is based on the control of this device to reset the graphic after a delay.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Yes this device can be used for contact closure. If I'm understanding what you desire you can set an event that is based on the control of this device to reset the graphic after a delay.
      Hi

I think you answered the question but i did word it wrong....

I would need a controller that can have a dry contact (no voltage) thats controlled via HomeSeer (what would i use for this?)

I would then have a switch thats also an input for HomeSeer (i have been looking at (the now possible dead?) Moonshine touch screens.

- Touch button
      - Home seer sends a "close contact" (while this "touch screen" is being held) and shows as door open
      - HomeSeer opens contacts when touch screen is no longer touched (HomeSeer updates icon as closed as door auto closes once the contacts are opened

I am also looking at some other functions such as lock which is purely a software based thing as it just means when the screen is touched it sends nothing to the dry contact system so doesnt actually do anything mechanically to the door.

However i really could do with a part number for the dry contact part.

Sorry for the detailed question but ive not used HomeSeer and this has to work flawlessly with this door, so want to know it will work before i sink alot of money in to this.

Comment

Comment

If you have an existing DSC alarm you can use that. I configured the output pin to a 1 second pulse and put a relay between it and my garage door controller. Then I use one of the DSC zones with a reed switch to tell me if its open or not.

Comment

Working...
          X