Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two profiles.. Local and internet

Hi Everyone,

How are you guys dealing with using same device on local network and outside of it on Internets?

Is there feature that covers that? I have iPad and I have started to design UI to my liking in HSTouch designer.

My camera is using html links and they are setup using local network (192.168.x.x). Design is deployed to iPad. Everything is working.

Now, if I go outside I have re-connect to HS with different static IP+port. Unfortunately that will not change things like camera links that are set using local IP's in my design.

Is there feature to load different design when I connect remotely? Do I have to design two screens for each device that uses local addresses? One with local IPs and one with iport for access from outside?

What is best approach that worked best for you?

Thanks Charles

I connect through a VPN so even when away the connection continues to be a local address.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I use my external IP address only in conjunction with a NAT Policy on my firewall that allows me to use the external address when I'm on my local network. The MyHomeseer service should work as well if you are on HS3.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
      X