Another Touch Wall pad (1gang USA size), this one is POE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Touch Wall pad (1gang USA size), this one is POE

Kick starter, not heard back from them yet....

http://community.arm.com/groups/inte...oid-controller

Never heard back from the MoonShine one, assuming this is dead.

Been looking for something like this for ages! Seems like such a simple idea but nobody can seem to get it off the ground.

Basically want an Android tablet in the size of a standard electrical box. If the screen tilted up slightly would be a huge plus. Mic/camera options would be nice security features but not necessary. For ease of installation, it would run off of 110v and include Wifi.

Seems so simple, next project for HomeSeer...
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

There have been 3 on the go, all of which i did not receive a response from.... Ive been testing prototypes for years, if you dont get a response from the developers then its a no starter (including if you get updates from large sources like Facebook and twitter).

- Moonshine, no response from these guys, however there website is still up
      - rBright - also no response and email bounced (no mail server to receive the email), however others say there still sending updates, if you cant contact them then i wouldn't send money to them.
      - HIO, no response from email.

Its not that difficult to get these off the ground, it depends who you are aiming the product at, HIO says they have done it, however at a $350 mark is slightly hi, way cheaper to put an android tablet on the wall, theres also wont fit a standard 1Gang box, you need the larger version (i think an open back one).

Ive done prototype designs (and stopped doing them), there pricing was high (like HIO), however others did buy them. t between $100-150 its fairly reasonable i think if it integrated, out of all of them the Moonshine appeared the best.

However as with anything, it can look great, if you cant buy it or cant get a response, then it doesnt exist and to me isnt worth the time to pursue. If the designer cant be bothered to respond or put the correct hardware in place to respond then i wont invest money in them (and thats coming from a designer / prototyper).

Comment

Did you notice HomeSeer in their video? Check out the scrolling apps at about 2:18 in. Notice the GearHouse?

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

For what it's worth, we looked at similar solutions (VERY SIMILAR) when we were at CES in January. The cost stopped us from going forward, since these would have retailed for about $400.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by SFX Group View Post
            Kick starter, not heard back from them yet...
            This is probably why:
            Funding Unsuccessful
            Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

This type of switch would be a great thing for HA IMO.

But I have to disagree with POE based units. I think they need to pull power from the AC line and be wifi enabled. That would make for an easy upgrade. I can't see running Catx through the walls for each switch. In some cases it's a struggle just to get AC to the right spot let alone Catx cable that needs to be brought back to a switch.
              -Skybolt

Comment

For me it would have to come in at around $100 per unit. I also agree that it would have to be powered by the line that's already in the box and use wifi to communicate with HS.
                Bryan
                Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
                  This type of switch would be a great thing for HA IMO.

But I have to disagree with POE based units. I think they need to pull power from the AC line and be wifi enabled. That would make for an easy upgrade. I can't see running Catx through the walls for each switch. In some cases it's a struggle just to get AC to the right spot let alone Catx cable that needs to be brought back to a switch.

I actually spoke to Michael C about this today and he agreed it would be a fun project. But we would need to sell at least 8k a year and even then the dealer cost would be about $150.

We have a similar surface mount unit coming out next year with a new panel. More the size of a 3 gang box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had updates from BRight and the units look like an ok price.
                    http://www.getbrightswitch.com

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                      I have had updates from BRight and the units look like an ok price.
                      http://www.getbrightswitch.com

That looks like a really nice device. Didn't see the price point though.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
                        That looks like a really nice device. Didn't see the price point though.
                        They have one model at $119 and one at $129. They say they will start shipping in Q1 2015.

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                          They have one model at $119 and one at $129. They say they will start shipping in Q1 2015.

Cheers

Al

Reasonable enough to try it.

Comment

http://www.getbrightswitch.com/pre-order

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Nice

Tom
                              Tom
                              baby steps...starting again with HS3
                              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Working...
                              X