Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decora Touchscreens (maybe)

Hi all

After all the research i have done, i have not been able to find a Decora size touch screen. For me i would prefer a Decora size insert that will fit standard box.

So heres my plan...

I am going to look for a touch screen thats the size of a Decora insert, then design / print (3D printer) a Decora insert / bracket for this screen (assuming i find one), if i can do this then will maybe look for a PC that will fit the box, if not then it will be a Raspberry Pi (i am not going to re-invent the wheel). It would mainly be aimed at HomeSeer touch, although ive not looked at this yet, but the physical design seems to be more problematic than anything.

I make no promises, i am not starting a Kickstarter as this is really for me, if anyone else is interested then they are welcome to contact me, if anyone knows of screens or PCs that are small (smaller than the Pi) that are android or Linux then i would like some info as i would design the insert to hold this as well

I am not going to make this commercially available, however if anyone else wants it then they can purchase from me (directly) assuming i get it working.

I have no idea about power yet, however (at least in Canada), any commercial one that can be bought for it to be mains powered it would need to pass the UL (USA) and CUL (Canada) tests to be allowed to be installed and insured if the house burnt down. This maybe a reason why these have never taken off, knowing the aggravation it is to get CUL listed is almost impossible (when its mains powered (even Generac dumped a lot of there mains powered items in Canada due to the CUL testing).

I look forward to your progress.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Why not just get an old used phone from someone and mount it on/in a wall is a tasteful fashion?
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        Why not just get an old used phone from someone and mount it on/in a wall is a tasteful fashion?
        I have 2 like that now, just looking for a cleaner solution.
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Something like this?

http://www.wink.com/products/wink-re...en-controller/

Comment

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post

THIS!

This is why HST is starting to suck wind in the HA space! No doubt HS2 is more functional than any of the competition. But they all have virtual assistants and remote apps which don't suck! I hate to say it boys, but in comparison to basically everyone else, the HomeSeer remote app plain sucks.
            Last edited by S-F; December 18, 2014, 09:31 PM.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Working...
            X