Automatic Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Backup

I have one of the Seagate networkable hard drives connected to my LAN. On one of my computers, I have the software installed that provides for automatic backup of files when they are modified.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of backup option running on a HomeSeer machine? Does HomeSeer live happily with this of thing or does it cause issues?

I do periodically take HomeSeer down and make an image of the hard drive in the event of hard drive failure.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

I have had WHS backup my HS machine every day since it's inception. I don't close HS down or anything like that. If you're just interested in backing up HS3 you can use the versatile and free BLBackup.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      If you're just interested in backing up HS3 you can use the versatile and free BLBackup.
      +1 for that.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Working...
      X