HS2: Serial ports suddenly not openable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2: Serial ports suddenly not openable

After a regular reboot, HS2 isn't able to open the serial ports anymore. They're on an FTDI4X, but working fine; I can open the ports and verify devices in RealTerm (i.e. open same port, get echos back when the device is plugged in to power and the serial, and not get echos when not plugged into power), and I can do that AFTER HS2 says it can't open the port. So it's HS2 that's broken, not Windows or the serial drivers. But I have no idea how or why, and rebooting doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

It's a bit worse than that... the Insteon USB device apparently mimics a serial, and that too can't be opened by HS2 currently. Very strange.

Comment

Are the ports listed in Windows Device Manager as operating properly when HS cannot access them?
      Are the port numbers that HS is trying to open the same as the ports listed in Device Manager?
      Could any other program be starting ahead of HS (like a utility) and opening the ports before HS?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Device Manager (and RealTerm) has them all working fine. I tried disabling everything else - stuff that has been on the same box for over a year just fine. I think the problem was WinLIRC or EventGhost but since each cycle take so long - about ten minutes from restart command to when HS2 can fully open - I didn't try re-enabling each disabled program.

The fascinating thing is that other programs could reach the same ports that HS2 couldn't. There must be a different serial open command being used.

Comment

Working...
        X