Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Staff read your website feedback!

Guys,

I sent you a very important message as a "Website Problem" via the web site feedback. Somerthing you need to address ASAP. It's been a few days with no response.
    Don't know what else to do but post on the board in hope you see this, read the message and act.

Regards,

Ross.

I tried to alert them to a problem as well through the "contact us" feature. It said I would hear back in 2 business days. That email bounced and was never delivered.

Comment

I would have though leaking of forum members email address would be important enough to respond straight away... Apparently not.

Comment

I'm not sure what links you used but your best bet is a phone call to the number listed at the top of the HomeSeer home page. The help desk would be a good second option.
        http://helpdesk.homeseer.com/

This is probably not the best venue to conduct this discussion.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Probably best to email mark at homeseer dot com directly

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by dale View Post
            I tried to alert them to a problem as well through the "contact us" feature. It said I would hear back in 2 business days. That email bounced and was never delivered.
            The "Contact Us" link on the forum footer is incorrect. I have emailed Mark to let him know.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              I'm not sure what links you used but your best bet is a phone call to the number listed at the top of the HomeSeer home page. The help desk would be a good second option.
              http://helpdesk.homeseer.com/
              If indeed email addresses are being leaked then this is hardly a great response to ask someone to call the US from Australia at some expense to themselves (also considering time zone differences) or then sign up for the helpdesk to put in tickets and do the work themselves. A company should treat any possible data leaks seriously and I would ask you to bring it to the attention of whoever rather than rely on a customer to run around.

Comment

Originally posted by rirvine View Post
                I would have though leaking of forum members email address would be important enough to respond straight away... Apparently not.
                What do you mean by "leaking"? Is your actual email address somehow exposed, or are you getting unwanted emails from members of the forum? If your email address is exposed, can you say how? As far as I know, this version of vBulletin does not have that vulnerability, but if it is happening and you can show how, the leak will get plugged or the offending feature disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                  If indeed email addresses are being leaked then this is hardly a great response to ask someone to call the US from Australia at some expense to themselves (also considering time zone differences) or then sign up for the helpdesk to put in tickets and do the work themselves. A company should treat any possible data leaks seriously and I would ask you to bring it to the attention of whoever rather than rely on a customer to run around.
                  I've asked Rich and Mark to contact the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

Just like the potential customer from the UK was told to call. If I remember correctly he said forget it and moved on.

I don't understand the fascination with calling other than they don't want things in writing (and is why posts are deleted as well).

Giving HS the benefit of the doubt it's probably (hopefully) an isolated incident as far as the leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gees guys. If something is important enough that you need to communicate it with A PERSON it really doesn't take a lot of time to figure out a way to call from any where in the world. I know if the guys knew about this it would have been taken care of so please give them time to act.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        Gees guys. If something is important enough that you need to communicate it with A PERSON it really doesn't take a lot of time to figure out a way to call from any where in the world. I know if the guys knew about this it would have been taken care of so please give them time to act.

If the contact links are still not being monitored after all of these months since I first reported this to Jon and Rich then just get rid of them. How many sales were lost because people asked questions that were not answered.

Maybe HS needs a toll free international line or Skype etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For the record I originally used the "contact-us" link from the web site:
                          http://www.homeseer.com/contact-us.html
                          And reported it as a "Problem With the Website" inquiry type.

Look at my join date "Oct 2003". I have been around this board a LONG time...
                          Have not been very active for a while (children rule my life now!) but still an active user of HS.
                          I would have never have posted this if someone responded the website feedback.
                          Calling is not really an option because where I am, the timezone difference is basically the worst there is to get business hours. And I thought if you have a contact us link on the web site, then someone would be reading it after a week at least..

Edit: HS doesn't need a toll free number/skype etc. If you have a "contact us" email address then just read it every few days that's all. These days, no one is actually going to call a company, lets be realistic. And for me, when it's daytime my time, it's out of business hours HS time.

I won't go into details until the issue is fully resolved then HS staff can release the information. I will say, it's not a vBulletin issue.
                          Last edited by rirvine; December 23, 2014, 11:08 PM. Reason: Digger1 posted while I was typing my reply.

Comment

Have not been very active for a while (children rule my life now!) but still an active user of HS.
                            Calling is not really an option because where I am, the timezone difference is basically the worst there is to get business hours. And I thought if you have a contact us link on the web site, then someone would be reading it after a week at least..
                            Can you please contact me at greg@homeseer.com and I'll get the information to Rich asap.

Comment

Edit: HS doesn't need a toll free number/skype etc. If you have a "contact us" email address then just read it every few days that's all. These days, no one is actually going to call a company, lets be realistic. And for me, when it's daytime my time, it's out of business hours HS time.

I won't go into details until the issue is fully resolved then HS staff can release the information. I will say, it's not a vBulletin issue.
                              Sorry, I misunderstood. I'll quietly butt out

Comment

Working...
                              X