Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Cost vs Aeon Labs power meter

I'm at a crossroads.

I've had a CurrentCost device for a year and the repeater unit failed. And I'd love to say I'm suprised, but, frankly, I'm not. It's never worked well and doesnt make sense in multiple ways.
    Some examples: I have the internet adapter that worked every now and then, the USB adapter with it's crappy USB-Serial hardware that requires drivers from the dark ages to work correctly (and seemly gets a new com port on every reboot), the loss of wireless signal every now and then without reason and the fact it's got a lovely display which is next to my server and out of sight!
    /end rant.

Anyhow, I'd like to know from those with experience with the Aeon Labs power meter (or both) if it's any better.

And I'd love to graph the results, of course. Does Homeseer do this for all power devices now?

Thanks in advance.

Skyfox,
    I have been using the DSB28-ZWUS for about 4 months now, and with the updated Z-wave versions and HS3 >146 version, it now works pretty well and the energy graphing is accurate also. It is the only Z-Wave device I have. and there are times that it has acted up in the past. But I think it was the PI version. And now with the latest version it has remained steady.

Comment

Originally posted by KSO View Post
      Skyfox,
      I have been using the DSB28-ZWUS for about 4 months now, and with the updated Z-wave versions and HS3 >146 version, it now works pretty well and the energy graphing is accurate also. It is the only Z-Wave device I have. and there are times that it has acted up in the past. But I think it was the PI version. And now with the latest version it has remained steady.
      Could you post a screenshot of your energy devices (or list them) ?

I am trying to get a serial port version of the aeonlabs energy meter working but I think I am missing a bunch of devices.

HS3 beta 3.0.0.149
      Zwave beta 3.0.0.187

I have:
      Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor Node 28 Root
      Battery
      kW Hours 1
      kW Hours 2
      Power
      Watts 1
      Watts 2

Should there be more ?

thanks in advance,
      Neil
      Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by nsisman View Post
        Could you post a screenshot of your energy devices (or list them) ?

I am trying to get a serial port version of the aeonlabs energy meter working but I think I am missing a bunch of devices.

HS3 beta 3.0.0.149
        Zwave beta 3.0.0.187

I have:
        Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor Node 28 Root
        Battery
        kW Hours 1
        kW Hours 2
        Power
        Watts 1
        Watts 2

Should there be more ?

thanks in advance,
        I am not familiar with your device, but it took several rescans and remove and add device, for all of the children to appear and connect properly.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KSO View Post
          Skyfox,
          Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone had both units?

The Aeon Labs unit looks like the way to go.

Comment

I had the current cost until it died. It did require some somewhat frequent restarts. It takes up a com port.
            I sent with the Aeon Labs unit and it is almost perfect with the current z-wave plugin. I had to write a script to add the 2 legs kWh together since it won't support the cumulative. Its a z-wave repeater so it has much greater range then the current cost unit.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4
            HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
            79 Z-Wave Nodes, 131 Events, 383 Devices
            Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
            Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Thanks rmasonjr that answers my question perfectly.

Comment

Working...
              X