Diagnostic needed for this event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    That's it. You can also create a timer within the event. The button labeled "Create/Edit Timers" will allow you to create one or rename an existing one on the fly.

I will be covering it soon in the new Event Clinic Forum as we get into building events. There is not much to creating Timers or Counters other than adding a name to the list. While you can control them from the Global Variables, Counters and Timers page, by design all the control is done through events.
    I thought when creating the timer, you had to add the specific time for it, thanks for your explenation.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I am still struggling with this event, I don't have a issue turning on the fan, the issue is that it sometime doesnt turn the fan off.
      Attached Files
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

In your original event are you selecting a BLRadar trigger? Why no just select the actual motion sensor device going on/off and use that as the trigger?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          In your original event are you selecting a BLRadar trigger? Why no just select the actual motion sensor device going on/off and use that as the trigger?
          Rupp, it's still the same... Motions senor just goes thru BLradar.
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

What kind of motion sensor is this? Is the event getting reran each time motion is sensed?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If your timer is not being reset for some reason, when you first event turns the fan off, it would turn the fan back on. If you turn the light on, then manually turn the fan on and then turn the light off, all within a time frame of less than 3m, 30s your timer would not be reset and the fan would be turned back on when the timer hits 3m, 30s even if the light is off.

If the fan won't go off and you know it has been more that 3m, 30s look at the timer on the Timers page and see if it is running and if the value is greater than 3m, 30s. I can't see any way that could happen. You can watch the timer's behavior on that page as you test the event in the bathroom.

You could also stop and reset the timer in the first event as well as in the second event to compensate for someone being too quick at the switches. Your event will only work correctly if the light is on for more than 3m, 30s the way it is written now.
              Last edited by randy; January 1, 2015, 10:35 PM.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                What kind of motion sensor is this? Is the event getting reran each time motion is sensed?
                Motion sensors are x10 and yes the event re runs when motion is detected.
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Randy, it could be that someone is turning the ligth off manually, I have my mom visiting me and she doesn't like to have lights on when she leaves a room. I will put the stop timer and reset timer command in first event and see. Makes senses what you say. All this work just because a bug!!!
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                  X