Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can not download attached files using IE11 - solved!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can not download attached files using IE11 - solved!

    Hi,
    I cannot download the attached files posted on several Thread in forum.



    Please help.

    Thank-you
    jyves@videotron.ca

    #2
    Which browser are you using? I just tried that file with Chrome and it worked for me.

    Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

    Comment


      #3
      Do you have a link that contains a download you are attempting so I can see if the link is dead or you may not have the permissions to download?
      -Rupp
      sigpic

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Do you have a link that contains a download you are attempting so I can see if the link is dead or you may not have the permissions to download?
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=956943
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

        Comment


          #5
          IE 11.0.8, MS-windows 10

          No link, no permission, just a *.php files, and that on several different tread/download link.

          Comment


            #6
            Using Chrome here and the links download fine. Do you have another pc to try downloading the links? Are you running any anit-virus software that may be getting in the way?
            When I asked for a link, I was asking what thread the link was located in that had the download.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

            Comment


              #7
              Yes...
              With Chrome, it woks.

              Thank-you Bill !!!

              Comment


                #8
                I am having the same issue with IE11. This happens at work, and at home using IE11 on Windows 7 or Windows 8 and probably other versions as well. Not just with this website but with others. I am sure some critical patch has fixed something with IE11 and broken something else (LOL). I attached a picture. You can still download the file, just need to rename it in the Save As window. Chrome works fine at home, no issues. IE is my only option at work...
                Attached Files
                Billy Draper

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yea, IE 11 was a huge step back for Microsoft. My employer just sent out an email changing the corporate standard away from IE to Chrome which is a huge deal as we standardized (bad move I know) on IE as the default browser for our web based applications. Finally we can write code that is standardized across other browsers as the others play much better together.
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    Yea, IE 11 was a huge step back for Microsoft. My employer just sent out an email changing the corporate standard away from IE to Chrome which is a huge deal as we standardized (bad move I know) on IE as the default browser for our web based applications. Finally we can write code that is standardized across other browsers as the others play much better together.
                    We too standardized on IE at work a long time ago. I built a case and fought the battle for a different browser, but my Vice President decided on Microsoft. His son worked at Microsoft at the time and understandably he was very pro Microsoft. They definitely make some great products and have changed our world. However, every IE version since 8 has been a huge letdown and littered with bugs. Hopefully we will get on board and move to better browser (Chrome) soon.
                    Billy Draper

                    Comment


                      #11

                      Comment


                        #12
                        We are still on ie at work because of legacy apps that require it. PeopleSoft being the worst offender. IP cameras that use old ActiveX controls are another reason. I use chrome with ietab to get around it and it works fine.

                        Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
                        HS4Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi4
                        79 Z-Wave Nodes, 131 Events, 383 Devices
                        Z-Wave, UPB, WiFi
                        Plugins: EasyTrigger, weatherXML, OMNI, Z-Wave, Tuya, Device History
                        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                          We are still on ie at work because of legacy apps that require it. PeopleSoft being the worst offender. IP cameras that use old ActiveX controls are another reason. I use chrome with ietab to get around it and it works fine.

                          Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
                          LOL. Same here, you are correct on PeopleSoft being the worst offender. I have been using, working with, upgrading PeopleSoft since version 5.12 and these last few versions have been a real pain with IE.
                          Billy Draper

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X