Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Time

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has done anything like create a script that works out the travel time to and from fixed addresses based on current traffic.

I am setting up work schedules and the likes and thought it would be great to have such a thing so that maybe 1 hour before you normally leave it checks the times, if they are normal it checks again in 30 mins and if normal again checks again in 30 mins and tells you to leave, if however traffic is bad it might tell you to leave 30 minutes earlier.

I know there are little issues with traffic that means it could miss something, but wondering if anyone has done anything similar (rather than re-inventing the wheel).

Many thanks
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

I was looking at it with the Google Directions API but you had to pay for the Maps For Work bit IIRC if you wanted the traffic data, you could get a plain journey time without it but no traffic info - a while since I looked at it though.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      I was looking at it with the Google Directions API but you had to pay for the Maps For Work bit IIRC if you wanted the traffic data, you could get a plain journey time without it but no traffic info - a while since I looked at it though.

If you could pull it together I'm sure this would be an in demand plugin! You could charge for it to cover the costs of Maps For Work.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        If you could pull it together I'm sure this would be an in demand plugin! You could charge for it to cover the costs of Maps For Work.
        I just had a look around and I doubt very much unfortunately Google would be interested in talking to any one with such a low number of requests that a HS plugin would generate, the Maps At Work seems to be aimed at people pulling 10,000's of requests a day in commercial environments. Perhaps Travis is thinking of doing things with a local source of info?

Comment

Working...
        X