Honeywell ZWave Stat Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell ZWave Stat Schedules

I have a couple Honeywell TH8320ZW thermostats and they are currently connected to my Honeywell Lynx 5100 alarm with Zwave. I am having trouble with them losing communication with the controller and purchased a HomeTroller Zee to use as my primary Zwave network in the house. I plan to move the thermostats to the HomeTroller but it in trying to plan the migration am not sure how to program heating and cooling schedules. I thought a plug-in might be available for this but then see the Zee doesn't really support many plug-ins. I am assuming I would have to go to Events and set up heating and cooling events to send to the thermostat but before doing this wanted to see if I'm missing something and there is a different way to set up schedules from the Zee. Thanks.

Originally posted by dmmincrjr View Post
    I have a couple Honeywell TH8320ZW thermostats and they are currently connected to my Honeywell Lynx 5100 alarm with Zwave. I am having trouble with them losing communication with the controller and purchased a HomeTroller Zee to use as my primary Zwave network in the house. I plan to move the thermostats to the HomeTroller but it in trying to plan the migration am not sure how to program heating and cooling schedules. I thought a plug-in might be available for this but then see the Zee doesn't really support many plug-ins. I am assuming I would have to go to Events and set up heating and cooling events to send to the thermostat but before doing this wanted to see if I'm missing something and there is a different way to set up schedules from the Zee. Thanks.
    Events is the way to do it. For other versions of HS3, there are plugins available such as BLStat. I have BLStat, but am no longer using schedules as Ive switched to events that are based on occupancy to control my thermostats.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for confirming this for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        I have BLStat, but am no longer using schedules as Ive switched to events that are based on occupancy to control my thermostats.

Cheers
        Al
        Sparkman, can you explain how you use your schedule according to occupancy. I was thinking of doing something like this.
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
          Sparkman, can you explain how you use your schedule according to occupancy. I was thinking of doing something like this.
          Hi Hector,

I believe you are using BLRadar, so you could us the occupancy devices from it to determine occupancy.

I have events that do the following (heating related, not ac):

- in the morning, when it first detects occupancy, increase the set point on the thermostat for the floor
          - during the day, if a floor has been unoccupied for more than an hour, reduce the setpoint on the thermostat for that floor
          - during the day, if a floor becomes occupied, increase the setpoint on the thermostat for that floor
          - at bedtime, reduce the setpoint unless the House Mode Virtual device is set to "Party"

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I've recently installed two Honeywell Z-Wave thermostats. They replaced essentially identical Honeywell non-Z-Wave thermostats. I programmed them locally. The only issue with HS3 is that unless you do polling, when they switch among the various set points, etc., you're not going to see the right values in HS3. Otherwise, I recommend them.

But, I will be moving to events for scheduling. I would *love* to do Blade's plug-ins, but sadly I'm running on an SEL box that is Linux, and Blade's plug-ins are apparently not all Linux compatible.

Comment

Working...
            X