Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know if a zwave device is associated with HS?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How do you know if a zwave device is associated with HS?

    How can you tell if a device is associated?

    Does it associate when you add the device for the first time?

    What are the symptoms when a device isn't associated and what are the down falls?
    Hector
    ____________________________________
    Win.2003 OS, HS3
    BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
    BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

    #2
    Hi Hector,

    Go to the root device's z-wave tab and click on associations. Typically if a device is not associated to HS, then it won't send updates automatically. It should associate when you add it to HS, but sometimes it does not.

    Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

    Comment


      #3
      Thk you al. If you don't have a device associated what will happen?
      Hector
      ____________________________________
      Win.2003 OS, HS3
      BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
      BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

      Comment


        #4
        The association option is greyed out, cannot select it. What can I do? This device is a dimmable zwave switch.
        Hector
        ____________________________________
        Win.2003 OS, HS3
        BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
        BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          It should associate when you add it to HS, but sometimes it does not.
          Also highly significant: Even if it does associate with HS, it can, in addition, still be associated with devices that are irrelevant or that don't even exist anymore. That can cause your system to slow to a crawl.

          Moreover, HS often behaves oblivious to all this, so you have to fix everything manually.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Rotech View Post
            The association option is greyed out, cannot select it. What can I do? This device is a dimmable zwave switch.
            Many devices do not support associations. Which exact switch is it?
            -Rupp
            sigpic

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
              Also highly significant: Even if it does associate with HS, it can, in addition, still be associated with devices that are irrelevant or that don't even exist anymore. That can cause your system to slow to a crawl.

              Moreover, HS often behaves oblivious to all this, so you have to fix everything manually.
              Will a reload fix issues like that? I have a ligth that when switched off should trigger another event, but it not working as programmed.
              Hector
              ____________________________________
              Win.2003 OS, HS3
              BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
              BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Many devices do not support associations. Which exact switch is it?
                Here the info on it.
                Attached Files
                Hector
                ____________________________________
                Win.2003 OS, HS3
                BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                  Will a reload fix issues like that? I have a ligth that when switched off should trigger another event, but it not working as programmed.
                  I've never noticed anything that fixes it automatically. Not re-scans. Not deleting and then re-including. Not optimizations. Not z-health. Nothing. Only manual intervention.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Intermatic switches do not support instant status so you would have to poll this switch to trigger an event. Too much polling can cause issues with your Z-Wave mesh.
                    -Rupp
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #11
                      What brand of zwave device do send instant status?
                      Hector
                      ____________________________________
                      Win.2003 OS, HS3
                      BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                      BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

                      Comment


                        #12
                        For dimming light switches see this chart:
                        http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...on-W16C64.aspx
                        There are also some GE switches that Rich made changes to HS to emulate instant status.
                        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167349
                        -Rupp
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Rupp, do you know if the GE dimmers model zw3003 have instant status?
                          Hector
                          ____________________________________
                          Win.2003 OS, HS3
                          BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                          BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                            Rupp, do you know if the GE dimmers model zw3003 have instant status?
                            Sorry no I do not know if that model supports this. You could always get it and test if it's available locally.
                            -Rupp
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                              Rupp, do you know if the GE dimmers model zw3003 have instant status?
                              I've heard it stated just very recently (the last couple days) on this board that the IRIS version that Lowe's sells has instant status.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X