Polling Devices in HS3 From Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polling Devices in HS3 From Script

Since the polling command no longer exits in HS3, how does one ensure a 2-way x10 device has received its command?

The script manages Rain8 (x10) and notifies if a watering zone is stuck on/off after attempted re-tries.

Thanks.

I think this has come up before, the SDK has an entry for device polling (http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...polldevice.htm - which I do not know if it is supported in the X10 plugin) but the only way appears to be to do this from the UI because hs.polldevice is gone. You could take a Bugzilla ticket and ask for it back but you could be in a queue.

Comment

Thanks. Yes I saw the previous discussion but thought perhaps I missed something. Seems like a flag in the CapiGetStatus function to poll the device would be useful.

Comment

There's an X10 action of status request. Wouldn't that work?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Would prefer/need to do this as part of a complex script vs an event.
          I think I will take mrhappy's suggestion a build the script into a plugin and use the PollDevice function.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by basshook View Post
            Would prefer/need to do this as part of a complex script vs an event.
            I think I will take mrhappy's suggestion a build the script into a plugin and use the PollDevice function.

Thanks.
            Not sure if you got it but the PollDevice function is for the plugin builders to respond to that instruction and do something, not to call other plugins. The X10 plugin should have that feature in it I guess.

Comment

Got it.

Comment

Working...
              X