Long range Bluetooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long range Bluetooth

I've got a Sena long range Bluetooth 4.0 adapter that is unused now but I fel like it has a lot of potential. Sensors, device control even audio potential but I'm having a creative block. Anyone got any ideas?

The Bluetooth plug-in!

Use the Bluetooth plug-in (for HS2, but maybe there is or will be a HS3 version...)

We use it to let us know when folks are home. When it detects our phones, we have it set up to register that we are home. Great for kiddo when he comes home from school.

We also get it to welcome his friends to the house if they have a BT phone. Most do. It's fun and they like it.

Rob

Comment

I used to use Jon00's bluetooth plugin and a long range bluetooth adapter which was hidden in my roof. To be honest it worked great but since I moved to a GPS based solution, and I now use tasker to turn my bluetooth on and off I stopped using it.

The funny thing was I ended up with a log of practically everyone who arrived home on my block the reception of the thing was great, and you could even work out sometimes when new people were in the area.

SO lots of scope for bluetooth, and that was just location tracking. The interesting one will be the Bluetooth Low Energy stuff which seems to be taking off at the moment.
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
        I used to use Jon00's bluetooth plugin and a long range bluetooth adapter which was hidden in my roof...
        Can you let me know what adapter you used?

Thanks.

Comment

Parani ud100-3

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X