No announcement yet.

Let's see some HomeSeer at CES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps the only difference between the two is a s/w licence for the S2...??
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      The difference should be hardware as well. Zee still runs on RaPi, version 1, right?

And my guess is that the Z-net includes a (hopefully) GPIO Z-wave controller.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        The difference should be hardware as well. Zee still runs on RaPi, version 1, right?

It looks like they're launching a series 2 Zee also, which is why I was wondering.
        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post

It sure looks like they are both based on a Pi B+ board, looking at the 4 USB ports and the apparent location of the micro USB power connector. I would be willing to bet that they both have the same Z-Wave+ GPIO board, with the Zee including HomSeer Linux install on a micro SD card.

If my bet is correct, it still begs the question asked above - how do you include legacy low power inclusion nodes without a portable device to bring to them? I ope and would think there is a solution, I'm just curious what it is..
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
            no. Z-NET will not include HS3
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Mark
              What we are trying to establish is whether the Zee S2 (which was barely referenced in the press release) and the Z-Net are the same hardware. They look identical externally in the display graphic from CES.

Randy and I were guessing same hardware, different software.

Cheers
              James.
              cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                But please, let us have more Z-net details.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                X