Windows Tablets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Tablets

I've seen a couple of people reference using windows tablets in their setup's and am interested in what people are using / doing. Want to replace an android tablet by my front door and it seems like it might be time to rise. It looks like there is a way to make Metro apps borderless and float on the desktop and also ti skin windows using rainmeter or Stardock's apps. With this being in a common area I would like the interface to be a little flashy. Anyone got any ideas/recommendation?

I can't live without my InControl:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en...58b65ead/m/ROW

I mostly use the direct interface using all windows computers/tablets/phones but guests and family members use the InControl interface.

Haven't had issue and the WAF is 100%

Comment

Does it have to run full screen or does it work ok as a window? I want to have several things going the screen at one including clock, weather, visualizer, music remote, etc. Ideally I would just have certain buttons for different status' and events.

Comment

oh yeah, sorry, forgot to mention.

So with windows 10 preview, I am able to window the incontrol and put all sorts of windows up on the screen on my main touch display. It is a slate 7 by Samsung (was thinking of going with a different one soon for a boost of speed) and before windows 10, I had to "dock" the incontrol which wasn't conducive of the look I was after. Windows 10 solved that problem and therefore, I went with that solution as soon as it was available.

I just looked at it a moment ago and noticed the browser now has voice control -- beautiful...

Comment

Ok cool I bought a winbook off eBay. Can you post a screenshot of what your interface looks like?

Comment

Very nice Tom!

It would be great to integrate a Kinect with the InControl interface.

The Kinect wouldn't look too shabby above my largest (for play right now) capacitance touchscreen.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

http://rainmeter.net
              This is the interface customization tool I am planning on playing with on the tablet if anyone wants to check it out.

Comment

Working...
              X