Monoprice temp/motion sensor not working below freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monoprice temp/motion sensor not working below freezing

Any idea why the sensor would stop reporting temp as soon as it hits 32f? Says status unknown in home page and reports 32 still as a value. Its in my garage which is probably around 25f right now.

Thanks

Here is the error i'm seeing.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have no idea on that error as I have not used the monoprice items, but how are they working for you overall? This error aside I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
        I have no idea on that error as I have not used the monoprice items, but how are they working for you overall? This error aside I mean.
        They work well. I don't have any other sensors to compare them with though. But motion events work flawlessly.

Comment

25f is within the device's operating range so it could be a software issue. Maybe the code is not configured to handle temp data of freezing or below even though it's receiving/reading the value (32f) ok? Do you have any other temp devices you can use to test? Maybe other folks here with similar temperatures can comment on their experiences...
          All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2539

Submitted to bugzilla.

Comment

Seems like a great price on these!
              Are these motions working well still? Any resolution on freezing bug?

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_i...=151101_sunday

Comment

Looks like this bug still exists. I recently switched from Vera and it reported the temp correctly. I just updated the Bugzilla log since it doesn't look like anything was ever done.

To recap, once the temperature drops below 32 deg, homeseer displays random large numbers (usually between 200 and 500 deg F). I've tested two monoprices sensors and one GoControl sensor (which are all the same hardware). Hopefully they fix it.

Also my log is only showing the following Zwave warning: Exception processing received application frame for encapsulation: Number overflow.

Comment

Working...
                X