HSTouch speaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch speaking

When I have an HSTouch client open on my iPad, the iPad will speak whatever is being sent from Homeseer to the speaker client. For example, I have an event to speak the time and temperature every 30 minutes. If I am using HSTouch client on iPad during this time, the announcement is made by the iPad rather than the speaker client.

Is there a setting somewhere to prevent this?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Nothing other than turning down the iPad.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

As Rupp said, turn down the volume.

I have speakers in the bedroom directly liked to the HS Computer and a touchscreen, to shut up the touch screen I had to out an unsightly jack plug into the ear phone socket.

HS has never addressed this rather small request for a way to turn of the sound.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

As Gogs said, turn down the volume.

Gogs, did you put in a Bugzilla ticket on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          As Gogs said, turn down the volume.

Gogs, did you put in a Bugzilla ticket on this?
          Hey Rupp, when did I ever put a Bugzilla ticket in, takes away the fun, and you know as I do from the original Touchscreen that's been a problem that has not been addressed.

A way to stop sound.

Amazing, Not a HS Tech, I know how to do it, and is simple, from the first ever release of Touchscreen
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
            Amazing, Not a HS Tech, I know how to do it, and is simple, from the first ever release of Touchscreen
            Yea, muting is a high end tech function

Comment

Perhaps I am not understanding but why not specify what speaker client to send the audio in the event itself

Comment

Originally posted by sdesbles View Post
                Perhaps I am not understanding but why not specify what speaker client to send the audio in the event itself
                The touchscreen does not consider itself to be a mere speaker client, it is effectively a controller.
                sigpic

Comment

I thought you could do this in the settings page if I get it correctly, by default you can specify the clients you want to talk to so if you just execute something like hs.speak("the time is $$TIME") then it will look at the default speaker client list and only send it to the clients on that list. I have just tried it here as per the attached, if I don't include my HSTouch speaker client in it then the TTS does not come out of the iPhone. I do remember some issues with this though.
                  Last edited by mrhappy; January 20, 2015, 10:17 AM.

Comment

MrHappy,

There were some issues with it, which have been solved since beta 3.0.0.132.
                    I have now successfully a windows speaker client active on the hstouch pc, without hstouch echoing. I needed to speaker client as HSTouch is not capable to play sounds with its internal speaker client.

Wim
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                      MrHappy,

There were some issues with it, which have been solved since beta 3.0.0.132.
                      I have now successfully a windows speaker client active on the hstouch pc, without hstouch echoing. I needed to speaker client as HSTouch is not capable to play sounds with its internal speaker client.

Wim
                      Do you have Android and or Apple clients connected to HSTouch as well when you test this?

Comment

Rupp,

No I tested only with windows clients so far, I am not really using my iphone client a lot. Will check once I am home.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I have never done much with speaker client in all the years I've been using Homeseer. It's there, it works, no problem. But now that I am transitioning from HS2 to HS3, I am creating new HS3 events to make announcements. At the same time, HS2 continues to run and make announcements. Both go to my whole house audio system. Things got really confusing fast.

So I am trying to get my head around how to use speaker client during the transition.

With both HS2 and HS3 running on the same computer, I am trying to figure out how to setup both HS2 and HS3!

In the setup of HS3, I am not seeing the iPad listed as a speaker client.
                          It does however showup on the HS2 speaker client page.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
                          X