X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
    An example is that i get that i can set XBMC to do things when its stopped, and something else when paused.

But how do i set it to go back to a light event depending on day?

I have a couple of events, morning, afternoon, evening etc for lights so lights have different setup depending on time of day.

I put like "If XBMC changes to stop" "then run event. And i put all light events. but in the end it just comes down to the order of the events which one is beeing chosen. Like if i have "then run morning" "then run evening" it will run evening. but if i put morning event last it runs that one. I want it to chose the right event acording to the day. So what is the best way to do this?

Do i really have to make several stop events according to day? Like if xbmc stop and if time of day, then?

Is there a way where i can make a common state that morning is a set time that i can use in any event, so if i change morning it will be changed in all events that i use that in?

Like if "event morning". So that i dont have to change what "morning" is in each event i ever made?
    Yes, people around here refer to those as Virtual Devices. Create a device and then use events to modify it. You can use the device's status as a condition on your events.

Cheers
    Al

Leave a comment:

• U5tabil
    started a topic Making a global condition?

Making a global condition?

An example is that i get that i can set XBMC to do things when its stopped, and something else when paused.

But how do i set it to go back to a light event depending on day?

I have a couple of events, morning, afternoon, evening etc for lights so lights have different setup depending on time of day.

I put like "If XBMC changes to stop" "then run event. And i put all light events. but in the end it just comes down to the order of the events which one is beeing chosen. Like if i have "then run morning" "then run evening" it will run evening. but if i put morning event last it runs that one. I want it to chose the right event acording to the day. So what is the best way to do this?

Do i really have to make several stop events according to day? Like if xbmc stop and if time of day, then?

Is there a way where i can make a common state that morning is a set time that i can use in any event, so if i change morning it will be changed in all events that i use that in?

Like if "event morning". So that i dont have to change what "morning" is in each event i ever made?
Working...
X