HS2pro-HS3pro update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2pro-HS3pro update

Can the update be done remotely or do you have to do it thru the hometroller? And plug in a mouse and keyboard?

Originally posted by jplauring View Post
    Can the update be done remotely or do you have to do it thru the hometroller? And plug in a mouse and keyboard?
    I do not have a hometroller, therefore do not know the answer to this question.

I would make a guess that as you are changing the entire programme to one which has no affiliations with HS2, keyboard and mouse, and you have to be there.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I too don't have hometroller, but it should be the same as regular pc upgrade.

My setup was not complicated with a lot of plugins and eternal devices at the time of upgrade, so I was able to do it remotely. If you have remote access all you need to do is download hs3, and install. I don't remember all the details but I think that was it. I first did a "upgrade" with the HS2-H3 import tool, then just scraped the whole thing and did a new H3 install.
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Working...
      X