Speaker client current rev.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker client current rev.?

Anyone knows which is the current rev. for the speaker client in HS3?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Did you load the latest version of HS3? If so double click on the speaker app and select Help > About.

3.0.0.3 is the latest
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp...
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I installed the latest ver of HS3 (152) and the speaker client on another machine stopped working. it's ver 3.0.0.2. Do I need to install HS3 on the client machine to get rev'd up to 3.0.0.3?

Comment

:
          Originally posted by field888 View Post
          I installed the latest ver of HS3 (152) and the speaker client on another machine stopped working. it's ver 3.0.0.2. Do I need to install HS3 on the client machine to get rev'd up to 3.0.0.3?
          I believe so, I upgraded to .152 and I have issues with the cliente see here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172547
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Thanks both for the quick reply. I Installed the latest HS3 on client PC and speaker client works again, although the problem still exists whereas the volume cannot be controlled via scripting. Worked fine in HS2, but never in HS3.

Comment

Thanks both for the quick reply. I Installed the latest HS3 on client PC and speaker client works again, although the problem still exists whereas the volume cannot be controlled via scripting. Worked fine in HS2, but never in HS3.
                Did you put a Bugzilla ticket in on this?

Comment

yep, back in October - #2274. Problem is that the machine system volume level does not change, only the speaker client volume. I had to bring one of my sonos units into the house to perform alarms, announcements in the interim (maybe forever).

Comment

yep, back in October - #2274. Problem is that the machine system volume level does not change, only the speaker client volume. I had to bring one of my sonos units into the house to perform alarms, announcements in the interim (maybe forever).
                    I believe this has been broken since the XP days. Windows 7 and newer changed the way to adjust system volume and it's not an easy fix.

Comment

Actually, as late as last October, I used SetVolumeEx running HS2 on a Windows8.1 machine with a speaker client running on another machine under Windows7 and both machines change their respective system volume levels. The only difference is running HS3 instead of HS2.

Comment

Actually, as late as last October, I used SetVolumeEx running HS2 on a Windows8.1 machine with a speaker client running on another machine under Windows7 and both machines change their respective system volume levels. The only difference is running HS3 instead of HS2.
                        I just tried hs.SetVolume 90 here in an event and it's not working so hopefully others will chime in and push this ticket up the queue.

Comment

I would like to re install speaker client again only. where can I get it for HS3?
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Speaker dot exe is installed with whatever HS3 version you are using.

There is no installation download of speaker dot exe right now. There was.

I opened a bugzilla ticket today because there is an issue with it relating to using it with Homeseer 3 running on Ubuntu relating to sending a wave file over.

See here.

I only know of this issue with Linux HS3 talking to Wintel speaker dot exe.

It'll probably work fine with Wintel HS3 talking to remote Wintel speaker dot exe.

To run it on a different wintel client I just copied speaker dot exe and some DLL files over to the second client.

It's only a few files...will look at my set up.

You can do that easy enough by first copying over speaker dot exe. Run it and it'll tell you what is missing.

I am currently running HS3 speaker dot exe on a 32 bit W2003 VM on Ubuntu and an XPe touchscreen and it works fine.

I am running speaker dot exe 3003. I do see a setupspeaker install program for 3001 in the directory such that it must have been removed a little bit ago...downloaded it here...
                            Last edited by Pete; May 17, 2015, 08:21 PM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete
                              Hector
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                              X