No announcement yet.

Setting the status of a Cooper Z-Wave Aspire RF9501

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I just looked up the spec sheet for the RF9517: Aspire RF accessory switch

And it says that the parameters are not used. (See table 4 in the link above).

I think I'm screwed and will have to swap out the switches...

Comment

Here are the events, the actions set the status. The Back Bathroom Ceiling light is the 9501 and the slave is the 9517. Hope that helps!
      Attached Files
      All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Guys,
        Have any of you been able to set the scene indicator in response to light level changes? What I mean is this. One of my scenes, controlled by a button on a Cooper Aspire RF RFWC5 scene controller, turns on two lights at different dim levels for movie watching. However, when either of those lights is changed to a different levels or turned off, the scene indicator LED on that button is still on at a bright "scene on" setting. I tried creating an event that would turn that indicator off if either of the two lights is set to off (not even worrying about being changed to a different dim level!) and it did nothing. Any ideas on what seems to be a fairly simple request: if the scene conditions are no longer true, turn that scene indicator off?

Comment

It seems you guys are saying HS cannot control LED / turn on-off for scene controller nor 9517. I *know* this works in HS2. Is this HS3 thing? I vaguely remember that they are changed something in HS3 but cannot find the post. I think it was about having to use z-wave command instead of direct on/off control but not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Person View Post
            It seems you guys are saying HS cannot control LED / turn on-off for scene controller nor 9517. I *know* this works in HS2. Is this HS3 thing? I vaguely remember that they are changed something in HS3 but cannot find the post. I think it was about having to use z-wave command instead of direct on/off control but not sure.
            Sorry it took me so long to respond to this, I've been traveling...

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I'm trying to turn on/off the blue LED status light on the switch.

If I can do that, then I can implement 3-way (or more) control.

I've been told that the switches themselves have to be 'associated' to make this work.

I will work on this more when I return from traveling... Thanks.

Comment

Try the attached. It's at our other house, so I can't tell if it works, but it should.

I have the accessory switch associated with both HS and the main switch, tho not sure that matters.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. I will have to try this when I get home. (I'm currently traveling)

Comment

Originally posted by ORNVM View Post
                  This way works for me. Not sure if its the best way or not... you would change your trigger to be on whatever scene becoming active.
                  Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                  Try the attached. It's at our other house, so I can't tell if it works, but it should.

I have the accessory switch associated with both HS and the main switch, tho not sure that matters.
                  Thank you both. This did work.

(Sorry for the long delay in responding, but other things happened and I had to put programming lights on hold for a while.)

I should be able to program virtual 5-way switches now in my bedroom.

Comment

Working...
                  X