Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the HS2/HS3 import utility function?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this help: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163318?

I manually migrated from HS2 to HS3. Most plugins will create their own devices, so you really can't import them and the event engine works differently so events all need to be redone. I did it slowly over a few months, migrating one plugin at a time. HS2 and HS3 can run at the same time (on the same or different systems) as long as they don't access the same hardware interface.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yeah, I tired the import utility and there was so much missing, and some node issues, that I ended up doing a complete new install of software and z wave device( delete then Add). Have to say it was worth it though, because hs3 is a lot easier to use than hs2 was. For me hs3 also has been much less( almost none) buggy.

Tom
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Thanks

Thanks guys! Well, that's disappointing 😱! So, what was the point of the import utility? Thanks again.😰

Comment

Originally posted by GSATWO View Post
          Thanks guys! Well, that's disappointing 😱! So, what was the point of the import utility? Thanks again.😰
          In the earlier versions of HS3 this utility worked ok but as more and more changes were made it became nearly obsolete. You're much better off starting from scratch to keep everything organized and tidy.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X