Fibaro motion sensor, battery update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro motion sensor, battery update

I'm just wondering. I have 2 fibaro sensor as you can see. They work as they should for now. But as you can also see the battery is not beeing updated. Why is this? How can i get it to update more often than that?
    Reason is that i tweaked one of them to be more sensetive in the kitchen. So i would like to know if i will be able to have the batterylife for 1month or 1 year this way.

Right now i don't know how much battery there really is on them
    Attached Files
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

The "last Change" column is just that - the last time the column changed. Not the last time the value was sent by the sensor. It's been reporting 88% probably a few times a day but it's always been the same so HS3 says it has not changed.

Comment

wow so the battery actually holding this good then?
      Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
        wow so the battery actually holding this good then?
        Not necessarily . Most of these battery powered devices don't have very good circuitry to measure the battery so take the readings with a "grain of salt". It can stay on that level for a long time and then all of a sudden be much lower. I have some devices that have been reporting 0% battery level for a few months, yet they are still working. I'm waiting to see how long it takes before they die.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
        X