Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaker.exe TTS Announcments on Android??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker.exe TTS Announcments on Android??

I do not use HSTouch. However, I do use Android tablets around the house to communicate with HS using HTTP(custom .aspx pages).

Is there a way to pickup the Speaker.exe's .wav file when, or shortly after, it is generated, so that I could move it out to the player on an Android tablet? This way I at least have "announcements" on my Tablets.

Thanks for any ideas,
    BobSpen

What custom pages are u using? Maybe u can change iT , let me take a look

So you try to use THE custom written wave file from THE announcements?

THEn make on your android open wave default with app.

What version of hstouchserver are you using? Im using THE older one because iT saves THE files in high quality, the last version saves the wav files very bad quality.

Kind regards ,

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
    I do not use HSTouch. However, I do use Android tablets around the house to communicate with HS using HTTP(custom .aspx pages).

Is there a way to pickup the Speaker.exe's .wav file when, or shortly after, it is generated, so that I could move it out to the player on an Android tablet? This way I at least have "announcements" on my Tablets.

Thanks for any ideas,
    BobSpen
    Last edited by Malosa; February 1, 2015, 09:26 AM.
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
      What version of hstouchserver are you using?
      First line states "I do not use HSTouch. " So what you would need is a way to send the wav file to the Android device and have it play. I've not encountered a way. Hopefully someone on the board has.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Bob,

How about using a plugin that can work as a speech proxy and has a client for Android. You could use the SqueezeBox (SB) plugin along with the free SB server and then a player for Android such as SqueezePlayer. This would actually play the announcement on your Android client as they happened. There may be similar options such as the DLNA plugin.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Use spuds AirPlayspeak plugin and airbubble it works like a chmp

Comment

I communicate from HomeSeer scripts to my Android tablet using two very cheap products.

From a script, I send a command using AutoRemote. On the tablet, I use Tasker to detect the AutoRemote command and perform needed tablet task.

For instance, in a HomeSeer script, I send a command: SAY It is time to Feed the Dogs

and the tablet speaks the phrase.

I also run a HS script when motion in the kitchen is detected (M1G security plugin, but there are many ways to do this) and I send a command: KITCHENMOTION

and the tablet awakes if it was sleeping

Be glad to help you get it working if you go this way.

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

Just Need Access to Announcement .wav File

Thank you all for the ideas.
              Since I already have the capability, on a .aspx page constantly running on the Android Tablet, to "poll" HS (every 5 seconds), I just need to know where the .wav file is and when there is a new announcement. The "when" is relatively easy but I need to know where the .wav file is so my .aspx page can access it and play it on the Tablet. (I could send the text to the tablet if the Android Tablet has a text-to-speech engine??????)

I am hoping not to employ an new plug-in or other new methods since I think I have most of the capabilities already; I just need to access that announcement .wav file!

Thanks for your help,
              BobSpen

Comment

The wave file is located in
                \HomeSeer HS3\wave_files

kind regards

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
                Thank you all for the ideas.
                Since I already have the capability, on a .aspx page constantly running on the Android Tablet, to "poll" HS (every 5 seconds), I just need to know where the .wav file is and when there is a new announcement. The "when" is relatively easy but I need to know where the .wav file is so my .aspx page can access it and play it on the Tablet. (I could send the text to the tablet if the Android Tablet has a text-to-speech engine??????)

I am hoping not to employ an new plug-in or other new methods since I think I have most of the capabilities already; I just need to access that announcement .wav file!

Thanks for your help,
                BobSpen
                Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
                  The wave file is located in
                  \HomeSeer HS3\wave_files
                  I'm on HS2, but looking at the wave_files directory, in HS2, I don't see any System generated(tts) files; only ones I've put there to play as .wav files (NOT tts generated).

Does anyone know if the HS generated (with text-to-speech, or tts) file is buried deep inside HS or can be accessed????

Thanks for your help,
                  BobSpen

Comment

I remember at one time finding the .wav file somewhere in the hs2 folder structure. I no longer have hs2 running and in hs3 the .wav file seems to disappear after speaking.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

You can just do a search of all wave files and pick the newest one after you have sent speech over to your client.

You will have to enable HSTouch and one HSTouch client as I do not think it creates a wave file without HSTouch / client connected.

Its been a while here too and I am in the Wintel mode of HSTouch 3 clients these days with speaker dot exe running on the client.

Never used any proxies / plugins relating to any audio coming from HS2.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Another option may be jon00's Speak Utility. There's a version for HS2 and HS3. It won't give you the wave file, but it can show you what has been spoken and you could display that on your asp pages.

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

HomeSeer3 doesn't save TTS wav files. Only wav files used in events are loaded into the installDir\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files
                          If you want your TTS to be saved into a wav file check out SpeakToFile in the HS3 help files.
                          http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...peaktofile.htm
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                            HomeSeer3 doesn't save TTS wav files. Only wav files used in events are loaded into the installDir\HomeSeer HS3\wave_files
                            If you want your TTS to be saved into a wav file check out SpeakToFile in the HS3 help files.
                            http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...peaktofile.htm
                            Thanks Rupp, it seems to be in HS2 also and I think it will do what I want.....

Comment

Working...
                            X