Location settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location settings

A permissions issue. resolved by running HS3 in administrator mode..

Anyone else having issues with location setting not staying? I can set the coordinates manually and they stay set until I restart hs3. After a restart of hs3 it resets to default values.

Hs3 build ver 152

Thanks

I was using my phone and I think I posted this in the wrong place. Sorry.
    Last edited by Guitarman; February 7, 2015, 01:30 AM.

Originally posted by Guitarman View Post
    A permissions issue. resolved by running HS3 in administrator mode..

Anyone else having issues with location setting not staying? I can set the coordinates manually and they stay set until I restart hs3. After a restart of hs3 it resets to default values.

Hs3 build ver 152

Thanks

I was using my phone and I think I posted this in the wrong place. Sorry.
    You mean the one in Tools - Setup?

Have you tried using dot. instead of comma, ?
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Hi,

Correct, the one in tools -setup.

No, I didn't try a dot. I did try the drop down menu. After I started the hs3 using right click, run as admin, even though my user account is in the administrators group, then it worked. . Fun times haha

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarman View Post
        Hi,

Correct, the one in tools -setup.

No, I didn't try a dot. I did try the drop down menu. After I started the hs3 using right click, run as admin, even though my user account is in the administrators group, then it worked. . Fun times haha
        Check the HomeSeer HS3 folder permissions. The installer package has failed on occasion to set them correctly, especially when updating from an older version before it was set to run in "user" mode. The way the installer is supposed to set them is in the first screenshot below, giving "Full Control" to Everyone. That is not UAC compliant per Microsoft's best practices. The more correct permissions that are UAC compliant are shown in the second screenshot. Give Users everything except full control. The "XPS17" in the second screenshot is the local computer name. I suspect that the reason that the installer fails in some cases is due to the broad permissions it tries to assign to the HomeSeer HS3 folder. If you give your HomeSeer folder either of the two, it should work.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by randy; July 1, 2015, 08:30 AM.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Folder ownership was set to system. I had to take ownership using administrators and then was able to set permissions like you shown, workin great now.

Thank you!
          Rik

Comment

Working...
          X