Can anyone tell me what this means?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Running HS3 and controlling my 100+ X10 devices using TI103 and the current plugin.

Interface fails to respond randomly several times daily, so I turned on all the available logging actions in the plugin.

Every time it fails I see this type of log entry (the Secs and Count are different each time):

Feb-18 10:52:41 AM Sent Q Cleanup Secs=63559853561 Count=3

(if "secs" means seconds, that is more than 2,000 years!)

Anyone have knowledge here?

Rob in Maine

If I was to guess (I have not tried the TI103 and HS3) I would say that this was the query that the TI103 does when it needs to dig and find the data it has in it's buffer. I wrote a HS2 plugin ages ago that I ran this query on a timer and it was to collect the data from X10 transmitters that might be in the system. I can't remember if there was a max buffer size or not.

I do wonder as your X10 system sounds a fair size whether or not it is struggling processing a lot of commands that might be in the queue - are you able to time this or link it to any events when you might be having a lot of incoming X10 traffic?

Comment

Nope.

In fact for a time I had the plugin ignore incoming X10 traffic and it did not seem to help.

Rob in Maine

Comment

Is the TI103 possibly connected over a USB-Serial adaptor? If so could it be going to sleep (power management settings in control panel) and/or have you got good drivers (if it is a USB converter and a PL2303 driver some drivers are better than others).

Comment

Yes, USB to Serial with all power saving turned off. Drivers updated. All other serial to USB devices working without difficulty and ports swapped out with no improvement.

Thanks for your thoughts.

All appreciated.

Comment

I am going to have to pass then I am afraid on that one, I have very vague recollection of this issue popping up before but I have had a quick search and can't come up with anything. You could try logging a Bugzilla request but I am not sure how quick you might get an answer and whether or not anyone from HS will be able to help really if the logs aren't telling you anything.

Comment

Working...
            X