No announcement yet.

Best Z-Wave Thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having difficulty in adding the Trane TL624 to HS2 - likely due to my lack of experience with Z-wave. Go gently on me

So it seemed to have added but perhaps not completely..
    I see the device on the devices page but no controls and it's reading the wrong temp. I optimized my network and it appears fine.

Do I need to associate it with HomeSeer? Still not overly clear on the association part of z-wave...

24/03/2016 2:28:08 PM Z-Wave Instructing node # 10,Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 10, to re-discover its neighbors using the MAIN Z-Wave interface...
    24/03/2016 2:28:08 PM Z-Wave Optimization of node 10 successfully started...
    24/03/2016 2:28:27 PM Z-Wave Device 10, Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 10 successfully optimized.
    24/03/2016 2:28:31 PM Z-Wave Removing and Adding Return Routes for Device 10, Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 10...
    24/03/2016 2:28:37 PM Z-Wave Removing and Adding Return Routes for Device 10, Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 10: Result=Successful
    24/03/2016 2:28:37 PM Z-Wave Device Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 10 Optimization and Add Route completed successfully.
    24/03/2016 2:28:50 PM Device Update Device: Z-Wave Interface Laundry ZSmoke Alarm Status set to ON
    24/03/2016 2:28:57 PM Event Event Trigger "Sump Pump Off"
    24/03/2016 2:28:57 PM Event Running script in background: SumpPumpOff.vb
    24/03/2016 2:30:15 PM Z-Wave Return route queued to be added from node 9 to 1
    24/03/2016 2:30:28 PM Z-Wave Return route queued to be added from node 9 to 10

I first tried to add it by bringing my Ztroller to it and pressing the add button while I enabled the enrollment on the stat. That didn't seem to work, so I just selected add node in Manage Zwave on HS2 while enabling the enrollment on the stat.
    So this is where I am... Any/all experienced Zwave stat guys comments welcomed...

Robert

EDIT: Getting a few devices but a number unknown and this in the log.
    24/03/2016 2:54:16 PM Device Update Device: Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 10 Temperature value set to 69 (6900/F)
    24/03/2016 2:54:17 PM Warning Z-Wave Multilevel Sensor device Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 10 Multilevel Sensor Unknown is missing Sensor Type information - cannot update sensor status.
    24/03/2016 2:54:17 PM Warning Z-Wave Multilevel Sensor device Z-Wave Interface Z-Wave Thermostat 10 Multilevel Sensor Unknown is missing Sensor Type information - cannot update sensor status.
    Last edited by langenet; March 24, 2016, 01:48 PM.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Back to HS3 and removing the node and re-adding I get the devices created.
      However, on device "Operating State" reports

Mar-24 6:23:18 PM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Operating State Set to INVALID VALUE

when the furnace comes on and heats.

I checked reachability by auditing then optimizing. Still...

Can this device be deleted then rescanned in????

Any suggestions with this one?

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by dsieg61 View Post
        I can't answer that, but I did just get a 2Gig CT-100 z-wave and am quite happy with it. I don't need an elaborate 7 day, multi period programmable, I had one and found it cumbersome to program and use.
        Some advantages to a HS3 integrated thermostat for me is:
        - I have window sensors so I can now turn the HVAC system "off" in the event windows are open. Hence, I am not cooling the outside world in the summer when the kids leave their windows open.
        - My ceiling fans are also HS3 integrated so I can control those based on when the furnace/AC blower goes on or off.
        My wife "works at home" so I have no need for "leave" or "return" set points. I just setup a couple (4 actually) events based on time (morning and night) to change the temperature set points. If my HS3 server should go down for some reason, the thermostat will just remain at the last set point. I will find out long before noticing weird temps that there is an issue with the server as I have many controlled items in the house.
        David
        What are you using to control your ceiling fans? Is it a multispeed fan or just on or off?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Comment

So I went and purchased a Z-net device (nice device BTW)... and my z-wave is solid now. However, I still see the invalid value issue with the XL624 when I believe is should be reporting 'heating' or whatever.

Apr-28 8:57:26 AM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Operating State Set to Operating State 0

Apr-28 8:52:41 AM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Temperature Set to 71 (F)

Apr-28 8:52:02 AM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Fan State Set to Fan State 0

Apr-28 8:51:26 AM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Operating State Set to Operating State 4

Apr-28 8:50:26 AM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Temperature Set to 70 (F)

Apr-28 8:41:18 AM Jon00_WinLog Update completed

Apr-28 8:36:11 AM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Temperature Set to 69 (F)

Apr-28 8:36:02 AM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Fan State Set to Fan State 1

Apr-28 8:34:10 AM Z-Wave Device: HVAC Z-Wave Operating State Set to INVALID VALUE

I have two of them now and they both exhibit the same response. So the question is, is there a parameter within the plugin for the specific device that I can set?

Robert

Comment

For those who have the Xl624 stat, would you mind telling me what the status value for the Operating state is when heat is active? Still trying to figure out why the 2 stats I have even with the Z-net have issue and consequently report unknown number just at the time the operating mode should be reporting heat?

Thanks,
            Robert

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
              For those who have the Xl624 stat, would you mind telling me what the status value for the Operating state is when heat is active? Still trying to figure out why the 2 stats I have even with the Z-net have issue and consequently report unknown number just at the time the operating mode should be reporting heat?

Thanks,
              Robert
              Did you ever get the XL524 working properly with HS#? I'm trying to decide between the XL624 & XR524.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

I'm using the XL624 (the one with humidity) and with the exception of reporting invalid state, it reports "unknown" when it calls for heat - it works fine. Absolutely no problem with A/C. So I trigger my booster fan on "unknown" and it works just fine.
                I haven't updated to the very latest Z-wave plugin version yet..

I have an extra XL624 I will be looking at selling if you're interested...

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                  I'm using the XL624 (the one with humidity) and with the exception of reporting invalid state, it reports "unknown" when it calls for heat - it works fine. Absolutely no problem with A/C. So I trigger my booster fan on "unknown" and it works just fine.
                  I haven't updated to the very latest Z-wave plugin version yet..

I have an extra XL624 I will be looking at selling if you're interested...

Robert
                  Does the XL624 have a built in humidity sensor? Also noticed that it can display the outside temp. Do you know if that can be fed by WeatherXML?

Lastly, can you expand further how you trigger the booster fan to get rid of the "unknown" state?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Yes. It does have a build in humidistat. With an additional sensor, it can read the outside temp - though, I doubt that it can use Weatherxml. It's pure hardware.

I suspect that the "unknown condition" is in fact heat. So I just trigger off of it so I can run the booster fan. All in all, it works fine.

Robert

Comment

macromark -- I purchased a tbz48 (actually two of them) based on your advice in this thread. But I have a Problem -- would love to hear your feedback.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ighlight=tbz48

Comment

Can Trane TZEMT400AB32MAA Report stage?

I have had a Trane TZEMT400AB32MAA for four or five years with no problems whatsoever.
                        I just upgraded my HVAC to a 2 stage system and would like to record the amount of run time for each stage. But I can't see that information in any of the thermostat's device parameters.
                        Will this thermostat report Y1 and Y2 separately?

Comment

Trane 'stats heating up??

I'm in the market for a Z-wave thermostat to integrate with HS3, as well, but there are several reports of the Trane thermostats (both 624 and 824) heating up internally, driving the temperature reading to be inaccurate, and triggering AC when not truly needed. Anyone else have this problem?

Mike

Comment

I've been using a Trane TZEMT043AB32MAA for almost 7 years, and even recommended it earlier in the thread.

There are a couple of limitations that it has, and I'm wondering if there's another option that would remedy this.

The main limitation I'm looking at is the inability to pick a schedule via zwave. For example, I use my custom schedule when we're not away for an extended time, which pretty much follows our work schedule. I use economy mode when we're away for over 24 hours. I cannot trigger either mode remotely. I'd also like to be able to initiate a "hold" mode for when we're home for a holiday, to override the normal changes during our work schedule. I can only control the following:

heat set point
                            cool set point
                            fan mode (auto/on)
                            thermostat mode (heat/cool/auto/emergency)

I'm able to work around the hold issue by having an occupancy based event set the heat and cool point to the normal "home" temps if the occupancy device is set to "home - holiday," so the hold issue is not a big deal.

However, being able to set the thermostat to eco mode when we've left for several days and forgot to do so would be great, however, I've just realized I can use some time and occupancy based events to override the normal setting just in case.

Regardless, any recommendations for a stat that has this much control, or does the previously recommended go control already do all of this?
                            John
                            Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                            Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                            HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                            Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Working...
                            X