Ring.com doorbell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ring.com doorbell

Any of you guys use this device? If so how do you like it and how well does it work?
    https://ring.com/
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

I would love to have one of those but sadly the location of my doorbell is such that it wouldn't fit. I have yet to see one which will work in the corner between the door and a wall unfortunately...

Comment

Doorbot was rebranded as Ring last year.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162177

Doorbot 1.0 has pretty atrocious reviews on Amazon. Ring (Doorbot 2.0) isn't even listed on Amazon, even though it has been out for a few months. Has me kinda worried that the feedback was negative as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
        I would love to have one of those but sadly the location of my doorbell is such that it wouldn't fit. I have yet to see one which will work in the corner between the door and a wall unfortunately...
        Yea, this is my issue as well but I'm thinking I could put in on the wall a couple of feet from the door possibly.

Comment

My understanding is that you can't even access the camera on-demand until the button is pressed. that seems like a glaring lack of features, so i'd be concerned as to what else is not working as one would expect.

I loved the idea of doorbot, but it seemed like they had a good idea but failed to deliver with the actual product.

Comment

This is the same thing as doorbot? I'll pass.

I was really excited about doorbot a couple years ago. Then some folks on the Vera forum got them and their reviews were Awful! They ALL said the thing was garbage. Wish it weren't so. It sounds like we're probably better off with a web cam and an intercom.

For now......................
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

The hardware receives 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon. A few users state they've had both the first rev and the second with the second working better for the basics but a few updates are still needed.

Comment

Have you taken a look at Skybell 2.0? They have very similar feature sets.

Comment

Been waiting for folks here to take the plunge and start throwing out experiences with these things. As with all of the other kitschy home solutions the market is being flooded fast between developed products and kick starter campaigns..

Comment

I would be interested in a similar device if I could set the recordings to the same location as my (planned) security camera solution, and it integrated with HS.

Basically not sending data out to the cloud.

Comment

Still not getting better. Tried it last week. Kind of worked on Samsung 4 and iphone 5. Not all at on Samsung 6.

Support is not at all competent.

When it work the latency was massive and people walked away before I could "accept call" on the phone so I could see who was there.

Motion sensor was unpredictable at all settings.

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
                        Still not getting better. Tried it last week. Kind of worked on Samsung 4 and iphone 5. Not all at on Samsung 6.

Support is not at all competent.

When it work the latency was massive and people walked away before I could "accept call" on the phone so I could see who was there.

Motion sensor was unpredictable at all settings.
                        Is your network speed fast enough to handle the two way service? I actually saw a TV commercial for this over the weekend so they are definitely going main stream.

Comment

I have 2 of the 2nd revision (Ring not Doorbot), and they work perfectly...you MUST have excellent Wi-Fi or you WILL have issues.

I had a party this weekend and the doorbell must have rang at least 20 times with all rings successfully triggering on my Android ring application.

Comment

Ring.com doorbell

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
                            I have 2 of the 2nd revision (Ring not Doorbot), and they work perfectly...you MUST have excellent Wi-Fi or you WILL have issues.

I had a party this weekend and the doorbell must have rang at least 20 times with all rings successfully triggering on my Android ring application.

Just bought mine and going to install this weekend. My doorbell is in a narrow area so I am going to install the "ring" next to it on brick. I was thinking of extending the original doorbell wires over brick a few inches and run into the "ring". I know you don't have to do that as it has a battery but I'd prefer not to ever charge it. Anyone have any advice on this? Do you think the original doorbell wires will be long enough or am I gonna have to bring out the old soldering iron?

Comment

I have mine wired to my old doorbell wires, less worries IMO, and I have it ring my standard chime as well at the same time.
                              You should have some slack that they left in the wall for the old doorbell wires.
                              It will obviously vary from house to house.

Comment

Working...
                              X