EnOcean to be integrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnOcean to be integrated?

Will it or is it possible to integrate EnOcean technology to HomeSeer?
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Intriguing . . . we use a bunch of EnOcean stuff for adding remotes/switches where there aren't any. This was all pre-HS for us, so once they start dying (and they have in the past -- the relays seem finicky) I'll probably replace them with Z-Wave stuff.

Comment

So EnOcean is not any good?

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
        So EnOcean is not any good?
        No no -- they're really, really good. The huge downside is cost. We've had a couple of the in-line relays fail, but otherwise very solid.

Comment

Ah ok. You think it would be possible to integrate this into HS?

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
            Ah ok. You think it would be possible to integrate this into HS?
            I guess in theory it's possible. You'd have to get a transceiver, and program it to listen to switch clicks, and be able to initiate clicks to control modules. I'm not sure if you could poll devices or receive status from modules, though.

You'd have to get a transceiver, and then learn how to use its API to program an appropriate HS3 plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
              I guess in theory it's possible. You'd have to get a transceiver, and program it to listen to switch clicks, and be able to initiate clicks to control modules. I'm not sure if you could poll devices or receive status from modules, though.

You'd have to get a transceiver, and then learn how to use its API to program an appropriate HS3 plugin.
              Sounds possible, but over my field of expertice. I'm wondering if HomeSeer would want to implement this...

Comment

I think HomeSeer will leave it up to a third party to get Enocean support, at least for now. But this doesn't mean that's impossible to get.

We just need to find someone interessted in Enoceon with programming skillls and time to make the plugin for us. If I had the hardware I could look into it, but at the moment I don't have the time (I have small kids).
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I use FHEM on a raspberry pi2 to make EnOcean work with Fibaro HCL, same could be done with FHEM -> Homeseer.

Respons time is almost instant, and so far it works great. The price is very good if you buy the EnOcean raspberry sensor kit, then you get 2 sensor and 1 switch for half the price.

This is possible:
                  EnOcean sends command to FHEM, FHEM sends IP/http command to homeseer.

Comment

Wow, pretty impressive...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWKVYO1FlLg

Originally posted by Elmstrom View Post
                    Respons time is almost instant, and so far it works great. The price is very good if you buy the EnOcean raspberry sensor kit, then you get 2 sensor and 1 switch for half the price.
                    How much did you pay for it?
                    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Looks good yes. i see people using insteon and x10. but it seems to be more for the US market. For the EU market Z-wave and EnOcean seems to be it. Combining all these would be amazing.

Comment

With their USB transceiver, a direct connection to HS should be possible. The serial protocol is documented here: http://www.enocean.com/esp. The self-powered sensors that are compatible with this system look really interesting. Here's one example for a self-powered occupancy sensor: http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-WSC04-.../dp/B003OYJRWG.

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                          With their USB transceiver, a direct connection to HS should be possible. The serial protocol is documented here: http://www.enocean.com/esp. The self-powered sensors that are compatible with this system look really interesting. Here's one example for a self-powered occupancy sensor: http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-WSC04-.../dp/B003OYJRWG.

Cheers
                          Al
                          Yes it looks really promising. Hope this will be up in the work

Comment

I wonder how much power they can generate with their technology. I mean, it's pretty cool that they can do away with battery replacements.

But wire powered sensors can still run at a much higher sampling rates due to their 'limitless' power.
                            HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                              I wonder how much power they can generate with their technology. I mean, it's pretty cool that they can do away with battery replacements.

But wire powered sensors can still run at a much higher sampling rates due to their 'limitless' power.
                              That is true. But for a button with kinetic is good. Sensors i dont know much about.

Comment

Working...
                              X