Quatech Serial Servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quatech Serial Servers?

Is anyone else using one of these? I just bought an 8 port model from e-bay, and it seems quite nice. I have a z-troller, rain8-net, UPB pim, MonoPrice HDMI matrix, and w800 RF connected to it so far. The only problem is that when I connect my 32bit WGL W800 RF reciever to it, I seem to not get good ms16A motion sensor response when used with the RFXcom plugin. Previously I had the reciever plugged into a USB to serial adapter and it worked well. Now it seems that the motion sensor are often not heard (though sometimes they are). I have configured the port as a normal port, with the 1x speed multiplier, low latency, and 0 heartbeat.

I notice the RFxcomm plugin can connect in TCP raw mode. Has anyone configured this on a quatech? If so what are the port settings?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

I have four of these, one eight port and three four port. For me they have been bulletproof.
    Don

Comment

I have a few of the 4 port units as well, but never tried it with a W800. I'll try running my spare W800 through one this weekend.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Here I use 3 - 4 port Quatechs for testing stuff and the Digi Edgeports for production stuff.

That said here too never plugged in the W800 to one of them.

I did test the W800 plugged into a Digi Edgeport going to a Digi Anywhere USB and that worked fine with Homeseer VMs a couple of years ago.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I had plugged the w800 directly into a port, then switched to the serial cable that was included with the w800 in case it's a null modem cable. What port settings do you all use?

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

I am not using the original cable and never set up any configuration on the serial com ports.

I did have an intermittent issue with one W800 many years ago.

I thought it to be the power supply but it wasn't. I sent it in to be checked out and no issues were found. I just purchased a new one and haven't had any issues since. (its been over 5 years ago).

Relating to using the Quatech (haven't yet tested the W800) never touched the default serial port configurations on that device for anything.

Early on here I used cat5e cables / patch panels and 9 pin RS-232 to RJ-45 connector I made which were identical to standard serial cables.

The Quatech like the Lantronics, black box, Digi stuff is built to last in a commercial environment with little maintenance.

Set up here is on Homeseer 2 using the AC-RF2 Processor. Set up is:

RF Options Debounce Time = 20
            PC Remotes RF PC = Enabled

Two W800's in the basement and antennas in the attic and first floor. The antenna in the attic is an older Radio Shack monitor antenna inverted. First floor antenna is original W800 antenna. Using RG6 cable for the two antennas.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ok. It turns out it was a networking setting. I had set the gateway as my router. Changing it to the HS machine fixed everything.

Comment

Yup; all of my Quatech's gateway settings are set to the router.

Can you get to the web gui from any computer this way?
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I can. I'm wondering why I need to though. I'll have to look at the network closely.

Comment

Here with my three online Quatechs / testing stuff I look at the GUI for the computer connected and just for serial data in and out stuff. Really mostly for a quick check to make sure its running.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                    X