Aeon Labs Zstick - USB offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs Zstick - USB offline

I am having a problem where the Zstick is simply going offline. Meaning, I have to unplug and plug it back in for Homeseer to recognize the device. It seems the COM5 just goes offline.

I'm not sure if this is a windows/hardware issue (I have updated all my bios and drivers) or something with homeseer or a bad Zstick?

I am using zwave 3.0.0.213.

That sounds like windows power management might be set to 'allow device to sleep'. Try turning off power management for your USB hub.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks. I checked and power management is off for each of them. I can go for a couple days with it working find and it just stops. I have not had the problem in the past.

Comment

Hmmmm.... Maybe try the stick plugged into an external powered hub?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

If you running any virtual machines on windows, there may be conflicts with the COM ports. I am running HS2 on a virtual XP machine in Windows 7. At times, the COM ports will "release" and they need to be manually "attached" .

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Still not working

I tried the powered hub and I still have the issue. I contacted Aeon and they suggested the same but I still have the issue.

I don't have a virtual machine just running standard windows 8.

Any other thoughts?

Comment

I just discovered that one of my z-sticks is bad. It no longer works at all when it is unplugged. It is totally dead when unplugged and therefore it cannot "include" any additional devices. It still works as a transmitter and receiver.

Perhaps there is something wrong with your z-stick?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by IGG View Post
                I tried the powered hub and I still have the issue. I contacted Aeon and they suggested the same but I still have the issue.

I don't have a virtual machine just running standard windows 8.

Any other thoughts?
                Do you have another pc to load a trial of HS3 on and test? It could be the PC or a bad stick. It it acts the same on two different PC's odds are it's the stick.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Solved - Bad Stick

Thanks all. It was a bad stick

Comment

Working...
                  X