Script for dimming lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script for dimming lights

I have a Zee, and am using GE/Jasco dimmers. I have a need to dim a set of the dimmers (8 or so) to a preset level, with several dim levels predefined. For example: dim to 80%, dim to 60%, ... , dim to off. I would like to have smooth dimming between the levels, but the Zee appears to issue the dim command as an immediate dim to level. I've tried the various setting for dim rates on the switches, and whether or not to ignore the start dim from the command, and the only one that appears to use this is OFF. So, dimming to off transitions very nicely.

I have virtual circuits set up for triggering these dim level events.

Does anyone have a script that would give me smoother dimming or allow me to issue my own dim command to dim from X to Y levels over Z amount of time? I would need to determine the current level for X (or could assume that the previous dim event had been executed, but trying to make this foolproof).

I have tried to dim by 5%, wait 5 seconds, dim by 5%.....but after a few commands, the rest of the commands seem to get lost (for example, dim to 80% stopped at 85% and never got to 80%), and the stepping is still very obvious and not smooth.

David
Working...
X