Polling vs Not-pollling question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polling vs Not-pollling question

I have seen a lot of back and forth about polling, and based on what Richard @ HS says, you shouldn't have to poll things.

Well, it turns out that the CT100 must be polled for specific info. Also, I have 4 light switches that do not support associations, so the only way to get their status is by polling, correct?

I poll them every 15 seconds, which I do not consider extreme.

So with polling the CT100 at 1 minute intervals, and the lights at 15 seconds, I wouldn't expect that to be enough to overload the system and result in these errors:

Mar-31 4:31:53 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Troller: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Z-Troller).

Actually, every 15 seconds is a bit on the extreme side. If you dont have them staggered somewhat, that would definitely queue up some poll/responses.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post
      I poll them every 15 seconds, which I do not consider extreme.
      That's VERY extreme, actually... especially if you have a number of switches installed. FYI - the minimum polling interval specification for Z-Wave plus is 60 seconds.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I only have 4 switches and I made them 2 minutes. Still getting transmit queue errors overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post
          I only have 4 switches and I made them 2 minutes. Still getting transmit queue errors overnight.
          Have you staggered the times?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Have you staggered the times?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
            Sure did, but you can only change the repeat rate, not the start timing, so they are bound to overlap at some point.

Came back from the gym to this:
            Apr-01 8:04:11 AM Z-Wave Error Z-Troller: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Z-Troller).
            Apr-01 8:03:10 AM Z-Wave Error Z-Troller: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Z-Troller).
            Apr-01 8:02:10 AM Z-Wave Error Z-Troller: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Z-Troller).

1 minute apart

Comment

That is very strange. Can you try turning off polling on everything except one node, then turn each one back on one at a time?

Comment

Make sure you're using the latest HS3 Z-Wave beta plug-in. Then power cycle your Z-Troller and be sure to remove the batteries (and leave them out). Also, check your Z-Troller cables to verify you don't have any bent or pinched pins. Then, try again.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                X