wireless not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless not working

I am new to this Homeseer, It just arrived I reg,and setup went to wireless followed the instructions,I am a network engineer,but this would not connect. Has anyone had issues with this or is it defective? I do not see a new ip address ,

What exactly did you purchase. HomeSeer is a software package that can run on multiple platforms.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I purchased the Homeseer SEL

Comment

exactly: HomeSeer HomeTroller-SEL Home Automation Controller
        with a HomeSeer Z-NET Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Is it the Z-Net with a wireless adapter that you don't see? I am assuming that your hometroller is wired?
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I have not set up the Z-NET yet. I was messing with the hometroller. I get into it fine wired, when I go to find.homeseer.com and click on searchsearch after I have set the wireless up I do not see any other ip address. My whole house is wireless so I know that is good. Like I said I am not familiar with this system yet. I appreciate the help.

Comment

I can't really be of any specific assistance since I don't own a hometroller.

That said... the hometroller has a Wi-Fi adapter? The specs for the device don't mention that. http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...ler-P1853.aspx Is this a Wi-Fi adapter you have installed yourself? Are you sure it has connected to the network?
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I did not install a wifi adapter, it said it comes equipped for wifi.

Comment

From the HomeTroller SEL Getting Started Guide :

Configuring the Wi-Fi Adapter
                  Wi-Fi is included with your SEL, follow these instructions for setting it up: (You must have HS set up with the Ethernet
                  cable first)
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks, that is the directions I followed, got a hold of Tech support, they are checking why it won't connect. Told me to attach monitor and try it that way.

Comment

Working...
                    X