Foscam FI9821PB Sale @ HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foscam FI9821PB Sale @ HD

Did anyone pickup the sale @ HD for this camera for $48.59? I am waiting for mine to arrive..If you have these cameras how are they picture wise and overall quality of the camera?

Originally posted by dumpmyster View Post
    Did anyone pickup the sale @ HD for this camera for $48.59? I am waiting for mine to arrive..If you have these cameras how are they picture wise and overall quality of the camera?
    Mine dropped dead after a couple of months. I would not buy another one, I am saving up enough money to buy an Axis or something similar.

Comment

Johnboy..How did you power your cam when you had it? I'm going with PoE and hoping that the camera supports it.

Was you cam still under warranty when it broke?

Comment

I ran AC power to it.

It was a day or two after the warrantee ran out.

Comment

These have been replaced with a new V2 version. This first version had a ton of firmware issues and they do not have a long life. I've got three of these and the picture is very good but when they first came out they had a ton of security issues. I had to unplug mine until they updated the firmware to not allow a hacker to take over the cam. It wasn't 10 minutes after I plugged mine in that someone was controlling it. They have fixed the firmware but now two of the three are dead. At this price they are a decent camera. If they only lasted longer.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Pretty much same experience here. I bought 8 units or so, some v2 too. Installed 4 of them w/ PoE splitter. All of them are installed indoor, the PoE switch is a midrange Cisco w/ UPS backup. Should be fairly good environment for cameras...

One by one died. The first one to die was actually the v2, it started to continuously emit an annoying shriek. I just unplugged that one right away, since it's in my living room. The rest are slowly dying... I think I just have one up now, and it needs to be rebooted every couple of days.

I'm not too bothered since they're my additional cameras; my backbone cameras are Mobotix and they are quite solid.
            HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Working...
            X