Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife-readable log

Hey guys,

Is there any feature or plugin that could generate a cleaner activity log? I think this may be a feature that would get pretty high WAF. Rather than a list of events and devices firing off and multitude of plugin generated messages; they're simplified so the list should be 'wife-readable'

Code:
    17:13 Garage door opened
    17:15 Front door opened
    17:16 Activity in Living Room
    17:18 Activity in Master Bedroom
    17:18 Aircon turned on to 22'C
    17:19 Sonos-Bedroom plays 'Easy listening playlist'
    etc
    Hmm.. they should be color coded (just tints, not garish hues), so you can identify and clump activities based on the rooms. In the example above, the last 3 activites have the same background color, since they all happened in the master bedroom. Etc
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

In HS there is a page for this named Log Keyword and Color/Style Configuration under tools

Extract:
    Use this page to configure keywords or characters to trigger HomeSeer into using a specified color or style for that log entry in the web log view.
    The keyword or characters specified will be searched for anywhere in the log entry. (Thus, 'log' is contained within the word 'logging', so it will be treated as a match)
    When specifying a custom color, use the #RRBBGG HTML color format. When specifying a style, you can put the style definition in any of the HomeSeer stylesheets, but it is recommended that you use Custom.css as that style sheet will not be overwritten by an update to the software

Don't know if this there in HS3
    - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

I'm impressed. My wife doesn't event know HS generates a log and I know that's the last thing on earth she would want to look at color coded or not.

The log settings made it into HS3 are the bottom of the General tab.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
        In HS there is a page for this named Log Keyword and Color/Style Configuration under tools

Extract:
        Use this page to configure keywords or characters to trigger HomeSeer into using a specified color or style for that log entry in the web log view.
        The keyword or characters specified will be searched for anywhere in the log entry. (Thus, 'log' is contained within the word 'logging', so it will be treated as a match)
        When specifying a custom color, use the #RRBBGG HTML color format. When specifying a style, you can put the style definition in any of the HomeSeer stylesheets, but it is recommended that you use Custom.css as that style sheet will not be overwritten by an update to the software

Don't know if this there in HS3
        I couldn't find it til I saw Rupp's post
        Thanks for the tip!

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        I'm impressed. My wife doesn't event know HS generates a log and I know that's the last thing on earth she would want to look at color coded or not.

The log settings made it into HS3 are the bottom of the General tab.
        Thanks Rupp, I'm gonna start to color all of my errors, fails and warnings RED.

The wife is a 'recovering' industrial engineer... so, please bear with us
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Working...
        X