Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value change on Schlage lock not available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value change on Schlage lock not available?

All-

I have used Quickset locks in another home and when the devices were first created the "Alarm" device also populated with a long list of codes..
    21 Locked with Lever
    22 Unlocked with Lever
    161 Three Keypad Failures
    etc...

However I see no such code list for the new Schlage locks in any of the parent of child devices. I also in review of the log do not see codes being written fromt he devices other than 0 and 255 when I send the associated Lock or Unlock Event from HS.

I have seen other threads where users discuss these codes for Schlage. My locks appear to be working normally. Did I do an install incorrectly somehow or should I be creating these codes manually in the Alarm devices with the help of some documentation I missed along the way?

Any help is appreciated.

Ross

this is the only notification window I have seen
    Attached Files
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Thank you however I am not sure what that is?
      For further clarity, I am looking for the Schlage list like the attached I have for the Quickset. Values and associated Status.
      Ross
      Attached Files

Comment

what I show is a window that has the message change upon what opened/locked the lock IE: manual, user 1, etc
        I haven't seen what you show in the root

Comment

Geary,
          Here is my device list for HS 2.5.0.81 for my two Schlage's. Where would you go from here to see the values?

Ross
          Attached Files

Comment

Front Door, Garage Side Door, and main Garage Door
            note, different devices due to different firmware on Schlages
            Attached Files

Comment

Gary,
              Thank you for continuing.
              Where would you read the status/message/code that one of those devices was unlocked from a manual knob twist or unlocked from HS event or User002 used their code to unlock?

R

Comment

Originally posted by ross_ditlove View Post
                Gary,
                Thank you for continuing.
                Where would you read the status/message/code that one of those devices was unlocked from a manual knob twist or unlocked from HS event or User002 used their code to unlock?

R
                same window. I would post pic, but system is being rebuilt

Comment

here is a different change
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                    here is a different change
                    I am using the Notification field to notify me in certain circumstances of people locking/unlocking the door:

e.g.

IF
                    Main Floor Hall Schlage Lock - Notification changes and becomes User Code 1 Entered
                    THEN
                    Do Something

I have not tracked the notification values for other activities, but you could probably force the codes out by triggering the types of lock events that you want to capture. I think it will tell you if a bad code is entered but I am not sure if it will tell you if 3 successive bad codes are entered, though you may be able to track that with a counter and timer etc etc

It probably also sends notifications for tampering, but you'd need to try it see. I certainly haven't ever run across a list of notification messages for these locks
                    cheeryfool

Comment

I have seen bolt problem when batterys are low and bolt did not completely lock

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                        I am using the Notification field to notify me in certain circumstances of people locking/unlocking the door:

e.g.

IF
                        Main Floor Hall Schlage Lock - Notification changes and becomes User Code 1 Entered
                        THEN
                        Do Something

I have not tracked the notification values for other activities, but you could probably force the codes out by triggering the types of lock events that you want to capture. I think it will tell you if a bad code is entered but I am not sure if it will tell you if 3 successive bad codes are entered, though you may be able to track that with a counter and timer etc etc

It probably also sends notifications for tampering, but you'd need to try it see. I certainly haven't ever run across a list of notification messages for these locks
                        What I continue to find confusing here is the very extensive list f codes that the Quickset lock has available. When the device was imported years ago a list of 50 or more codes (as I described above) were imported as Value variables. The Schlage appears to have three. This is really frustrating and I am surprised I am the only one that has experienced this -OR- I did something wrong, the codes are there and I dont see them.

Really scratching my head over this.
                        R

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post

e.g.

IF
                          THEN
                          Do Something

Let me also add that what your doing is exactly what I want to do. I also wonder aloud if this is something in HS3 that HS2 (Which I remain on) does not display nor log?

R

Comment

Sparkman helped me out here:
                            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172326

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post

I am wondering if I happen to have a lock/version that does not have all the normal values available? Is that possible?
                              This Schlage offers only the following below that I found in the Child device. This of course is versus what we all normally see (including what my Quicksets have), a long list of Values that can be used.
                              Ross
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X