Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ct100 not creating child devices when added?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ct100 not creating child devices when added?

    I have 3 ct100 thermostats one started giving me problems not being able to be contacted on the network. After several attempts to optimize I tried removing and re-adding to the network but no good, it does not create any child devices only the root.

    I upgraded to the latest zwave beta, did the add/remove from network using just c power (no batteries) just a few feet from the zstick but no child devices. Anyone have any ideas?

    #2
    Originally posted by rayvino View Post
    I have 3 ct100 thermostats one started giving me problems not being able to be contacted on the network. After several attempts to optimize I tried removing and re-adding to the network but no good, it does not create any child devices only the root.

    I upgraded to the latest zwave beta, did the add/remove from network using just c power (no batteries) just a few feet from the zstick but no child devices. Anyone have any ideas?
    I don't have any ideas other than to try excluding then resetting the thermostat (little white button under the top cover) then including again. I just replaced one that would intermittently stop communicating until I reset it. I had to reset it every few days.

    Comment


      #3
      I did reset using the button, I'll try it again. this thermostat is only about a month old, replacing another one that stopped communicating. I think the ct100s must be poor quality, I've had standard digital thermostats last 20 years.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by rayvino View Post
        I did reset using the button, I'll try it again. this thermostat is only about a month old, replacing another one that stopped communicating. I think the ct100s must be poor quality, I've had standard digital thermostats last 20 years.
        You may be right, but I haven't seen a trend. I have 8 since last year, the one that failed a few months ago, failed the same way you describe, but I could reset it. I don't know about the quality of the thermostats, but in trying to communicate with 2Gig last year the quality of their support was awful.

        Now they are owned by Linear, another company with a checkered past.

        Comment


          #5
          I got mine to add on batteries. Let it sit for a week, them upgrade my zee to 3.0.0.168 and did a rescan. Now working fine.


          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

          Comment

          Working...
          X