help... lost thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help... lost thread

I was in the middle of using events to control my motion controls and following a very nice thread on how to.. I have lost my way.. had to back my system because of a equip failure but of course forgot to back my new events first...

can anyone point me to the thread ? I have spend the last few hours looking..

It sensed the trip, started a timer, checked for nightime, and turned on the lights..
    then when counter counted down, if not reset, turned off the lights

Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
    I was in the middle of using events to control my motion controls and following a very nice thread on how to.. I have lost my way.. had to back my system because of a equip failure but of course forgot to back my new events first...

can anyone point me to the thread ? I have spend the last few hours looking..

It sensed the trip, started a timer, checked for nightime, and turned on the lights..
    then when counter counted down, if not reset, turned off the lights

Was it this thread in the Event Clinic forum?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

na... but thanks for the try. It was simpler

Comment

The simplest motion control is below. You shouldn't need timers. You want your motion sensors to time out after 1-2 minutes so that it will retrigger. as long as it is nighttime it turns the lights on with motion, then sets a delayed off event at 15 minutes. If the event retriggers it removes any prior delayed off events and creates a new one 15 minutes later. This can continue as long as there is motion in the room.

The second one uses a virtual device that lets motion control begin a little before sunset and continue a little after sunrise.

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Randy.. Will give em a go..

Comment

well.. here is my attempt..
            don't understand the "never" but....
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
              well.. here is my attempt..
              don't understand the "never" but....
              That was a screw up on my part. The NEVER should have been a THEN. I use the NEVER to disable an action within an event when I am working on it. I don't know why that was setup that way when I did the screencaps. In yours change it to a THEN. You will also have to add "Remove delayed device actions" for the other two devices, because you are controlling three devices with the event. Your last action creates delayed device actions on three separate devices.

Edit: I figured out what I had done. I copied and edited another event for the illustration and I had a virtual device disabled in it and accidentally left the NEVER in when I changed it to a physical device. The first screenshot below is the way the event should look.

The second screenshot is the one I edited for the illustration. It turns the lights on at a different dim level depending upon the time of day. I had replaced a dimmer default virtual device with three different events that set the light level based upon conditions. I left the virtual device in, but disabled it with NEVER in case I wanted to go back. When I created the event for the illustration I changed that device to the bathroom lights and deleted all three of the events for different dim levels because it it would have been too confusing. Unfortunately I neglected to change it from NEVER to THEN.

Attached Files
              Last edited by randy; May 4, 2015, 06:42 PM.

Comment

thanks Randy.. makes sense now

Comment

Randy what brand or brands of motion sensor do you use? I have a few hsm100, but need to get a few more motion sensors so that there is one in each room/area. Also what is the response time in seconds from when the motion is detected to when lights come on. I was also thinking about using my alarm panel(Ademco) motion sensors, read the response time was about 1 sec.
                  Tom
                  baby steps...starting again with HS3
                  HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                  HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                  Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                  In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                  System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                    Randy what brand or brands of motion sensor do you use? I have a few hsm100, but need to get a few more motion sensors so that there is one in each room/area. Also what is the response time in seconds from when the motion is detected to when lights come on. I was also thinking about using my alarm panel(Ademco) motion sensors, read the response time was about 1 sec.
                    It is my understanding that the wired PIRs are the fastest. I have a mix of HSM 100s, Aeotec last generation and Aeotec Gen5s. Now they are almost instant and all three are close to the same. The reason I say "now" is that has been dependent on the Z-Wave plug-in. Since about 3.0.0.172 they have remained almost instant. When we walk in a room the sensor's red LED lights almost instantly and the light in the room is almost instantly after the LED. Well less than a second total.

I am moving to Aeotec Gen5s with the hope that their battery life will be longer. I also prefer luminance in lux instead of % as the HSMs do. The are no faster or slower than the earlier generation or the HSMs.

Both my wife and I are quite happy with their response.

Comment

Thanks. Do you use motion sensors in bedrooms? How do you deal with motion not turning on lights in a bedroom while folks are sleeping. And do the Aeon gen 5 motions have better battery life that you've noticed? My hsm100s were had a power supply. That was the only way they were useful for me.

Tom
                      Tom
                      baby steps...starting again with HS3
                      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Thanks. Do you use motion sensors in bedrooms? How do you deal with motion not turning on lights in a bedroom while folks are sleeping. And do the Aeon gen 5 motions have better battery life that you've noticed? My hsm100s were had a power supply. That was the only way they were useful for me.

Tom
                        We have motion detectors in every room. We don't control the lights in the bedroom by motion. We did for a while but decided it really wasn't necessary and there was really no way to accommodate one of us being up and the other sleeping. A pressure sensor on the mattress is the only way we could figure out how to solve it. That one is on the "maybe later" list.

My HSM100s have been fine. They are all battery powered and the batteries last at least 8 months. They update temperature and luminance every 12 minutes.

It is too early to tell on the Gen6 Aeotecs battery life, but they are very consistent on luminance, temperature and humidity readings - there are many rooms with two or more and their readings either match or are very close. I added them insecurely to maximize battery life.

Comment

Working...
                        X