Insteon Open/Close Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Open/Close Sensor

I currently am using Insteon open close sensors in my house. I have had problems with then since the beginning. Sometimes the don't update when I know for a fact the doors they are on are closed.

I love my insteon switches, outlets and fanlinc but has horrible issues with their thermostat (keeping burning out for some reason) and have had issues with these as well. I have tried adjusting the devices to be able to "control" them and change the status manually which doesn't work. I have events to run when the they change to open, but if they are stuck on open when I leave the house, it does me no good.

Has anyone else has these issues? Also, can anyone suggest a better alternative? I was thinking of switching them to a z-wave sensor but wanted some advice first.
    Last edited by cpd5899; May 5, 2015, 07:46 AM. Reason: Forgot detailed subject line

Originally posted by cpd5899 View Post
    I currently am using Insteon open close sensors in my house. I have had problems with then since the beginning. Sometimes the don't update when I know for a fact the doors they are on are closed.

I love my insteon switches, outlets and fanlinc but has horrible issues with their thermostat (keeping burning out for some reason) and have had issues with these as well. I have tried adjusting the devices to be able to "control" them and change the status manually which doesn't work. I have events to run when the they change to open, but if they are stuck on open when I leave the house, it does me no good.

Has anyone else has these issues? Also, can anyone suggest a better alternative? I was thinking of switching them to a z-wave sensor but wanted some advice first.
    I have two that work very well since I changed over to Mark Sandler's Insteon plugin. I was using ISY previously.

Comment

I am using it as well... Unfortunately it doesn't always update the status for those two sensors

Comment

Working...
      X