Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extend water hose from spigot a few feet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extend water hose from spigot a few feet?

Guys,
    I need to extend my water hose a few feet from the spigot to an area in front of my landscaping. I want to use a braided extension if possible so I do not have to worry as much about it leaking. Have any of you guys found a heavy duty braided extension water hose?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

No reason why the ones used for the washing machine wouldn't work just fine.

Comment

Yeah. There are stainless steel washer hoses. But the gaskets are still subject to weather. If you want to bury it you can also use PEX and stainless steel fittings.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

You could:
        1. Find adapters for the spigot to couple it to a pvc pipe to the area your landscaping.
        2. There is a polyester hose that is very heavy duty. Don't know how long they are resistant to constant sunlight.
        3. The cheap "get'er done" method - of just burying a regular garden hose to the area you need. Surprisingly it last a long time under ground since the suns not beating down on it.
        4. Hose adapter connected to either rubber or vinyl tubing(by the feet at HD). Rubber tubing is thick so last years in the sun.
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I have extended my hose about 30' under my deck using standard hose. I then have an inline hose spigot for local control and that feeds a self recoiling hose reel on which I have 125' of standard hose. It works very well.
          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Guys,
            I need to extend my water hose a few feet from the spigot to an area in front of my landscaping. I want to use a braided extension if possible so I do not have to worry as much about it leaking. Have any of you guys found a heavy duty braided extension water hose?
            Lowes sells a braided stainless steel washing machine hose with an inside diameter of 3/4". It costs more than the typical kind, but it won't restrict your water flow as much.

Braided or not, I do get the impression that washing machine hose material degrades (oxidation from chlorine maybe?) and will eventually fail, and not just at the rubber gasket/washer/o-ring where it screws on. Is this still true? I change mine every 3 years as a precaution, but maybe I'm wasting money (?).

Comment

Working...
            X