Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

control Velux skylights with HS3 and RFXCOM?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • control Velux skylights with HS3 and RFXCOM?

    I wonder if it is possible to control Velux skylights with HS3 and RFXCOM? Has anybody done this?


    http://skylights.veluxusa.com/consum...ctric_controls

    http://velux.skylightblindshop.com/b...t-klf-100.html

  • #2
    Looks like the Velux remotes are in the 2.4 gig band so the RFXCom transceivers won't be able to control in that case: https://fccid.net/number.php?fcc=XSG833429&id=708925. You should be able to interface to the KLF 100 using something that can provide dry contacts (Mimolite, Relay, Arduino, etc.).

    Cheers
    Al
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1965 Devices 1146 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

    Comment


    • #3
      I've got one of those skylights as well. I'm hoping to control it with my new neeo when I get it sometime this month...

      Rob
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        Looks like the Velux remotes are in the 2.4 gig band so the RFXCom transceivers won't be able to control in that case: https://fccid.net/number.php?fcc=XSG833429&id=708925. You should be able to interface to the KLF 100 using something that can provide dry contacts (Mimolite, Relay, Arduino, etc.).

        Cheers
        Al
        Al, I found this old thread, probably concerning an earlier model. Does it change your thinking?

        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ighlight=velux

        Could you expand on why you mean "interfacing to the KLF100 using something that can provide dry contacts..." I'm not following you there. Just my limited knowledge...

        Thanks, Ricky

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ricky View Post
          Al, I found this old thread, probably concerning an earlier model. Does it change your thinking?

          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ighlight=velux

          Could you expand on why you mean "interfacing to the KLF100 using something that can provide dry contacts..." I'm not following you there. Just my limited knowledge...

          Thanks, Ricky
          Hi Ricky, that thread refers to an IR remote. IR is also not supported by RFXCom. I searched for the FCC number associated with the devices you had linked to. From what I can see they operate in the 2.4GHz band, potentially with a proprietary protocol. The KLF 100 appears to be designed to allow 3rd party HA systems to interface to their system. Based on the manual, it looks like it supports one or more dry-contact inputs. Dry contact inputs allow you to interface other electronics to it that close a contact and therefore signal the other device to take some action.

          Cheers
          Al
          HS 3.0.0.548: 1965 Devices 1146 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

          Comment


          • #6
            Last I heard Velux used "their own" IO Homecontrol protocol.

            Regards
            Morten

            Comment


            • #7
              I know this is a very old thread, however I came across an announcement that Velux have released an API for the KLF 200 io-homecontrol gateway
              The klf-200 allows "dry contact" , web and now an API control of io-homecontrol enabled Velux windows and blinds, in addition others have successfully registered Somfy products as well as they use the same io-homecontrol protocol.

              I'm including a link to the Velux page for the API which seems to be very well documented and supported (111 pages). Just not very well advertised :-)

              Currently I'm going to be installing a number of Velux products in a new house and am using the Arduino plugin and a signal relay board to control the klf 200 via dry contact. A plugin to HS3 that uses this API over IP would allow for scenes and status.

              I'm no coder, and am going to look into doing some simple Python scripts on a web server to do basic scenes, as I'm not sure were to start with the HS3 plugin framework. Are there any guides?
              Technical Specification for KLF 200 API io-homecontrol Gateway

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for this. This looks very interesting..
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Horse,

                  Any luck in controlling your Velux products via HS3? I am looking at buying some Velux skywindows and would like to control them via HS3. What worked for you?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jameseoconnor View Post
                    Horse,

                    Any luck in controlling your Velux products via HS3? I am looking at buying some Velux skywindows and would like to control them via HS3. What worked for you?
                    I would like to know as well. Any feedback on the KLF200 would be appreciated

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post

                      I would like to know as well. Any feedback on the KLF200 would be appreciated

                      https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-velux then use the MQTT plugins in HomeSeer to talk to them.




                      Eman.
                      The Closer.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Cheers Eman - that looks interesting. Where can I find detailed instructions on how to install and set up MQTT? There is a lot of threads but not a lot of information.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                          Cheers Eman - that looks interesting. Where can I find detailed instructions on how to install and set up MQTT? There is a lot of threads but not a lot of information.
                          There are other ways of running an MQTT server but the no nonsense way of having an all in one (Node-RED and MQTT) is to start here : https://nodered.org/docs/getting-started/raspberrypi but also if you want the whole 9 yards then go for ioBrorker on a raspberry PI and inside it you will find the Node-RED adapter which will provide you with a lot of nodes including the one I mentioned earlier but also the all wonderful MQTT Broker Node Now all now you need is either of the two MQTT plugins in HomeSeer!
                          ioBroker has a Node-RED node as illustrated here #10 by MattL0 which makes it super cool to send data to mqtt.

                          Note : If you are just starting with mqtt, let stuff communicate locally with user name and password. Anything else is beyond the scope of this post and / or do some research.


                          Eman.
                          The Closer.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Eman - That is brilliant - thank you. I'll have a look at that this weekend; hopefully, I'll manage to build something.

                            Cheers
                            Scott

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ricky View Post
                              I wonder if it is possible to control Velux skylights with HS3 and RFXCOM? Has anybody done this?


                              http://skylights.veluxusa.com/consum...ctric_controls

                              http://velux.skylightblindshop.com/b...t-klf-100.html
                              I talked with the factory Friday about automating a Daylight Controller. 10 of them can run on a 24v supply. These need to be wired to run forward and backward.

                              MIMO2+ is my choIce. Two relays, one to open the other closes.
                              Blair

                              HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435
                              Hometroller S6 | Devices: 601 | Events: 202
                              Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .190 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3
                              BLLAN | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris :rolleyes:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X