Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

control Velux skylights with HS3 and RFXCOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse
    replied
    Eman, Interesting platform io.broker, however I'm missing how it gives me more control than the velux npm on Node Red? I can use the standard nodes to position the blind/window at any point, get feedback of it current location, run scenes. There is also the API node which pretty much allows for any call and monitors feedback.
    i.e. change a slider in HS, Node red controls the Velux window and provides the relative position back to HS.

Will give it a spin as i see there is a docker container that is maintained and they have some other integrations I would be interested in testing.
    It seems I'm moving more and more to other automation systems and HS is becoming a zwave gateway :-) So many options, so little time

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Originally posted by Horse View Post
    From a fellow Brit, although I'm originally from south of the border :-)
    Frozen north here!!

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    replied
    There is another way which gives you more control among other things.
    • You need three systems in place : ioBroker, Node-RED and of course the HomeSeer system using HS - device nodes (Node-RED)
    Eman

Leave a comment:

• Horse
    replied
    Well its been a year and despite pandemics, fires, and who knows what else, the house made it and I was able to work on this again. Node Red is very simple to setup, that said I already have Docker running so it was very quick to deploy. Getting the Velux API node to work was a pain, but once you know how it works very well. Now working out the best approach for making it wife friendly. And yes, way too much technology to just open a window / blind. But my wife said that about switch on a light as well.

More on the issues with the Node Red Velux "fun" at https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...tmo-and-klf200
    If you have the hardwire interface working with the Fibaro, just make sure you have defined at least one scene and the Node Red Velux should just work.

From a fellow Brit, although I'm originally from south of the border :-)

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Originally posted by Horse View Post
    The Code red via MQTT looks very interesting as it uses the API and hopefully give actual status of how open/closed the skylight and blinds are....
    I tried exactly this configuration as well, but I was getting dropouts with the Arduino, so went with the Fibaro. I would be really interested to know how you get on with Code-Red and MQTT - I tried to fathom out how to implement it, but it all looked a bit too complex for the simple job of opening and closing a window!

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Horse
    replied
    Sorry was not following this thread lately as I'm busy with the construction of the new house which has just had the Velux skylights installed. But no power yet!
    When power is on, I am starting with the KLF200 and an Arduino with a 8 port relay board. Using the Arduino plugin this was easy to setup, albeit a bit crude. The Code red via MQTT looks very interesting as it uses the API and hopefully give actual status of how open/closed the skylight and blinds are, but alas until I get back in the house all testing has stopped.

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Originally posted by Aljrob View Post
    Have you managed to get both outputs from the Fibaro smart implant to appear in homeseer? I can see Output 1 by the remaining child devices added by the implant don't appear to add correctly for me.
    Yes. Suggest you rescan a couple of times. I think one of the units did not create properly & I had to remove and re-add. It did work eventually!

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Aljrob
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
    ...and a Fibaro Smart Implant set to 800ms auto-off work perfectly and easily.
    Have you managed to get both outputs from the Fibaro smart implant to appear in homeseer? I can see Output 1 by the remaining child devices added by the implant don't appear to add correctly for me.

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    The KLF200 does talk about feedback, but I put in a mag switch in the meantime to give open/closed feedback. I'll look at the KLF status over the winter months. The KLF200 does up to 5 groups I think. I have it running 2 x blinds together & 2 x Windows together. The windows were retrofit Velux motors.

Leave a comment:

• DSteiNeuro
    replied
    I also use the KLF100, which works great with simple dry contact to open or close.
    Also curious if feedback is available from the KLF200 like the remote.

Leave a comment:

• mminehan
    replied
    We have our Velux skylights controlled by HS using the KLF100. The KLF100 is a basic contact closure based controller from Velux.

Basically you need a simple HS controlled relay to control the Velux. Something like a simple ZWave realy, or Raspberry Pi, or CAI Web Control or whatever. We actually use a spare channel on our Clipsal CBus (digital lighting) system allowing us to use an existing 'ligh switch' to open/close the skylights.

There are a few caveats though. Firstly check the frequency of the KLFs. There are regional differences due to RF regulations. The UK version is different than the US version and the AU/NZ version etc. Secondly there is no feedback with the KLF100s. You can't confirm the skylight actually closed, or if the inbuilt rain sensor closed the skylight for example. Not sure if this is the case with the KLF200s. I had to install a small sensor on the skylights to get the 'status' of the skylight. And you need one Klf100 for each 'group' of skylights. So if you have more than one skylight you want to control independently you need more than on KLF100.

I might have a closer look at the KLF200s. If they provide status feedback that might be a tidier option.

I have two KLF100 UKs if anyone wants them (shipping from New Zealand).

Marty

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Node-red and MQTT overkill - used a Velux KLF200 and a Fibaro Smart Implant set to 800ms auto-off work perfectly and easily.

Leave a comment:

• Eman
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
    Eman - I presume that MQTT speaks to the KLF200 via the LAN port?
    You first find YouTube videos of how Node-RED works and the you will need this node : https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-velux which connects to the mqtt node which connects to HomeSeer . The Velux node also work via LAN.

You have to learn Node-RED first. Once you know how things work then you will see what you have been missing!

Eman.

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Eman - I presume that MQTT speaks to the KLF200 via the LAN port?

Leave a comment:

• BlairG
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricky View Post
    I wonder if it is possible to control Velux skylights with HS3 and RFXCOM? Has anybody done this?

http://skylights.veluxusa.com/consum...ctric_controls

http://velux.skylightblindshop.com/b...t-klf-100.html
    I talked with the factory Friday about automating a Daylight Controller. 10 of them can run on a 24v supply. These need to be wired to run forward and backward.

MIMO2+ is my choIce. Two relays, one to open the other closes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X