Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boot from DVD - sort of off topic but not completely!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot from DVD - sort of off topic but not completely!

Hi

I'm trying to carry out a system repair from my system repair DVDs (because of a HS server issue - long story).

My HS runs from Windows 7 Bootcamp on mac mini.

To start the repair I need to insert the last disk of the system repair DVDs - that works fine. Then once Windows finds the system repair files, it asks me to swap to Disk 1 to start the recovery. The problem is that because I'm then on the Windows recovery screen, I cannot eject disk 2 to replace it with disk 1. It doesn't auto eject.

Can I transfer the contents of the two recovery disks to a USB and run it from there? Or could I connect another laptop to be the disk drive? There must be a relatively straightforward solution but I'm not sure what is the best? Thanks

Gotta love MAC. There should be a little hole where you can use a bent paperclip to eject the disc.

Might be your only option?

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Working...
    X